PDA

View Full Version : Very Anxious Alone Strange Breathing

danbryn
14-09-15, 12:39
hello all,

i am moving out my parents with my partner January and i am desperate for some advice, i can't stand being home alone, so I'm either out with my family all the time or at work,

I am self employed and i work part time hours, so i usually have someone indoors when i am home.

My partner works silly hours like 8am till 8pm, 8am till 2pm, etc.

So i was wondering if anyone has a way i can build my confidence up towards being able to stay indoors home alone as long as i like ??

when I'm alone my breathing goes funny like i slow it down myself and think il stop breathing also i get light headed so have to ring someone or run out the house to see if anyone is nearby to help.

I used to have agoraphobia and now it seems i have the oppisite somehow :weep::weep:

jayye
14-09-15, 13:25
Are you scared of being alone because you think there'll be no one there to help you if you panic?

danbryn
14-09-15, 14:46
Are you scared of being alone because you think there'll be no one there to help you if you panic?

Yeah i think so...
Incase i have a huge panic up and pass out or cant find anyone, ive had it for years

white1989
14-09-15, 15:40
hi banbryn,

I suffer with this really badly too. I moved in with my partner 2 months ago as well and it is still causing a lot of anxiety for me and while I'm really excited to be living what should feel like a dream come true, our own space and independence, I spend most my time wishing we were back at my parents or his parents where everything was so comforting and safe. Even if he says he's going to meet his friends after work for a few hours, I panic at the thought of being in the house alone. like you said, I think I'm panicking that i'll start dying and no one will be there to save me. sounds totally ridiculous when I write it, but the fear is very real so I totally empathise! I too get serious breathing problems, they are always worse when I am focusing on it and unoccupied, so being alone is a recipe for disaster in that respect! I'd love any advice or tips on how to deal with this too! best wishes x

tabbycap
15-09-15, 04:04
I sort of have the same problem! I have way more anxiety when I'm alone! Sometimes just knowing someone is on their way over will make my anxiety go away!! I believe that this is why I've had such terrible anxiety since I've had my girls Bc I've been a stay at home mom and my husband works 50-60 hours a week!! My fears are passing out or something when im home alone with my 3&1 year olds and them being alone! Ugh! It's such a ridiculous fear when I type it out but it's very hard to talk myself out of in the moment!! The Citalopram I am on has helped some but not as much as I would have hoped after 2.5
Months ����