PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety ridden 16 year old....

Binkiexo
14-09-15, 19:46
Hi!

I'm Binkie, a 16 year old girl! I've been suffering with anxiety/panic disorder since I was about 13. Recently, it's just gotten way, way worse. I'm experiencing more symptoms, and the existing symptoms are more severe. I'm looking for people to talk to that are experiencing or have experienced something similar.

I took my first dose of Sertraline (50mg) today, so hopefully that should have an effect soon.

Anyone else on this med or even just want a chat?

Sorry, not so good at these introduction threads!

venusbluejeans
14-09-15, 19:52
Hiya Binkiexo and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Binkiexo
14-09-15, 20:06
Hiya Binkiexo and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Thanks! I've had a little look before joining and posting - seems great so far! Any chance I could get added into the chat room? Anxiety has been so, so bad for about 6 days now. Would be nice to have somewhere to go in the evenings when I don't have anyone to talk to?

sial72
14-09-15, 21:34
Hi Binkie
So sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. It always breaks my heart when it is such young people.
Do you do any exercise to burn off excess adrenaline? Scientifically proven to be one of the best things to lower anxiety xx

dally
14-09-15, 21:46
Hello binkie,
Hope you get into the chat room OK.
But nevertheless there is some good info and suggestions on here that will help you with the anxiety xx

Pepperpot
14-09-15, 22:28
Hi Binkie and welcome. The chat room is a bit of a swine to get into. Good luck with that lol.
So tell us, what symptoms do you get and what brought this on? I personally started sertraline but it wasn't for me. Loads of others on here swear by it though. There's lots of threads about it in the medication sub-forum x

Binkiexo
14-09-15, 23:20
Hi Binkie
So sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. It always breaks my heart when it is such young people.
Do you do any exercise to burn off excess adrenaline? Scientifically proven to be one of the best things to lower anxiety xx

I did play arcade dance games! But due to disagreements with the arcade owner I don't go anymore and can't play anywhere else:C going to join the gym soon though!

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 23:18 ----------

Hi Binkie and welcome. The chat room is a bit of a swine to get into. Good luck with that lol.
So tell us, what symptoms do you get and what brought this on? I personally started sertraline but it wasn't for me. Loads of others on here swear by it though. There's lots of threads about it in the medication sub-forum x

Some of the symptoms I get with anxiety are nausea, shakiness, really fast/hard heartbeat, feeling of impending doom, chest feels tight and heavy, face gets hot but the rest of me is ice cold, dry heaving, etc....

I'm not sure what brought it on - something to do with the ridiculous amount of bullying I received in two high schools I think..