PDA

View Full Version : Hello

ruth76
10-02-07, 10:16
Hi Everyone
I have just joined i cant beleive i found such a great site. Im not mad after all! There are other people who suffer from panic attacks and its so nice to know I can talk to other people as none of family understand neither does my gp he is crap and justs keep giving more medication.
I am 30 years old and have a 2 year old son we live in kent. Most of my anxiety started in my early 20's I took a lot of coke and e's which was a stupid thing to do as i developed panic disorder so bad I was outpatient at hospital where i had cbt everyday aswell as a lot of medication. That changed my life and I was fine for years had a couple of relapses and have been on prozac for 4 years 20mg. Unfortunately i was very stupid and took some coke a couple of weeks ago on a night out and my panic attacks are back with a vengenance different from before. I am actually quite scared as these are some of the worst ive had funny taste in mouth,hands shaking,upset stomach, horrible thoughts the list goes on! My doctor has suggested I take cipramil and come off the prozac but im too scared mainly because of the side effects.Anouther doctor suggested i go up to 40mg of prozac so I dont know what to do.As for beta blockers or diazepam when i take them i have even worse panic attacks.if anyone has any advice it will be much appreciated.
Thank you Ruth:)

Granny Primark
10-02-07, 11:15
Hi ruth,

Welcome to the site. You will get loads of information and support from the members.
Its good to know that your not the only one suffering and that there are many people who truly do understand what you are going through.
I have taken betablockers for 20 years for high bpressure. I was taken off them and given another tablet, it was this that according to one of the doctors at my practice could have started off my panic attacks.
Recently my panic attacks have lessened but always at the back of my mind is a fear of them.
Im sure this site will help you as much it has helped me.

Take care
LYNN xx

manmoor
10-02-07, 12:07
Hi Ruth,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

sandie
10-02-07, 12:09
Hi Ruth

Welcome to NMP where I know you will find some reassurance and support at any time of the day or night.

I wouldn't dream of offering any advice about your meds etc - far too complex an area, but I do feel that perhaps re-visiting CBT would be a good place to start. Is there any chance you can be referred by your GP - and as soon as possible.

Sandie

pamella
10-02-07, 12:27
welcome onboard and thank u for being so honest.i hope u wil find some help and support from all of us here.

pjrobb

wobily_lin
10-02-07, 13:38
elo Ruth,

A warm welcome to the site..great support n advice here..x

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

nomorepanic
10-02-07, 14:16
Hi Ruth

A warm welcome aboard.

These other posts may interest you too ....

pls dnt judge.but did taking drugs contribute?? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2426)
Screwed myself up using drugs (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5333)
advice on mixing citalopram and ecstasy (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4824)

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

trac67
10-02-07, 16:48
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

duskess
11-02-07, 11:02
Hi Ruth , I have just read your story , i myself have been feeling the the same as you , i hope you are living with someone to help you through this , yes it is scary our though processes etc , I know what you mean about medication the side effects of some are not good , you should ask your doctor whether to up your doze or change meds , i know the feeling of starting or upping a doze the side effects etc , dont go blaming yourself for being were you are , we all make mistakes in life , and you are being postive in other ways , i really wish you well , Thankyou for replying to me and like wise get in touch if you need someone to chat too , Take care dusky x