PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes

Bonnibelle
15-09-15, 06:59
I wasn't sure where to post this. I'm anxious but because I am worried so maybe here is a good place 😉

I've been struggling with fatigue for months. My gp did bloods which showed low ferritin, b12 and heading towards an underactive thyroid. I've also had a dry mouth a while. Not a thirst but a dry feeling yesterday my gp wanted ne to get tested for diabetes. I agreed to do the urine test which came back normal but gp wants me in this week for bloods to be sure. It sent me into awful anxiety because recently due to the fatigue ive had high anxiety again and agoraphobia hasn't been great. Appointments are tough, I go hot ans panicky ans feel I will faint even if hubby comes with me. They has got easier but since this fatigue I don't feel on form so things have returned. So I have to find the courage to go and see the nurse for bloods.

My step dad is diabetic and he teSt my sugar last night about 4pm with his monitor and it was 9.2. I panicked. It was my birthday yesterday and I'd had a hot chocolate that morning, I'd had some chocolate in the afternoon and some sugary type cereal as a snack about 30 minutes before he did the test. My sister is a nurse and she said that number is fine after eating and not to worry.

I am worrying myself silly now I have diabetes as someone told me my medication, mirtazapine can cause it. I've been on it 2 years. I am in no risk groups for diabetes so it's a shock to be being tested. My husband said urine was clear which is a good indication but I am still worrying after my sugar was 9.

The only symptoms I have are fatigue and a dry mouth. I'm not going to the toilet more than usual I don't think. I don't feel thirsty either.

Not sure if anyone can help. I just need to get my arse there to get the test done then I can stop worrying.

Bon

Cags48
23-09-15, 12:34
9.2 after eating isn't that high ,