PDA

View Full Version : fear of dying suddenly

emily67
15-09-15, 10:15
i want to know if anyone here on the boards have a fear of dying suddenly?

this for me has been a thing since someone told me that you never know when your last day is, tomorrow might never come

and it seemsm ore thanm that.. i keep thinking i'm going to go get a drink, and die on the way back, or i'll start watching a movie, but die before it ends- or i'll do something as simple as clap my hands, and that will be my final ever movement

i know it's true.. you don't know when your last day will be, you don't know when you're gonna die. (none of us do), but i think this is a bit... too much

i can't go around the entire day thinking.. well, the next thing i do might be my last, right?

the weird thing is that i'm not scared of death itself. just dying suddenly. it is weird... is their anyone else at all who feels this way?

GingerFish
15-09-15, 10:40
I feel this way too. It only ever started for me (well, this severely) this summer when I took a breakdown. Even though I am better from that now, I still can't shake off the fear of dying but also the certainty that I will die soon even though I know I most likely wont as I am in good health. Its a horrible feeling.

emily67
15-09-15, 10:45
I feel this way too. It only ever started for me (well, this severely) this summer when I took a breakdown. Even though I am better from that now, I still can't shake off the fear of dying but also the certainty that I will die soon even though I know I most likely wont as I am in good health. Its a horrible feeling.

hugs.. thanks for the response.

btw- hope your cold gets better. (read that in the other thread)