PDA

View Full Version : Bump on roof of mouth - turned out to be nothing

Traceypo
15-09-15, 10:24
Hi all, I've driven myself nuts over a bump on roof of mouth. I haven't eaten for 24 hours, been so anxious (certainly not helped by the Google power) haven't slept. Left my front door unlocked this morning when I went to dentist.
Was seen by dentist, explained my worry and concern whilst shaking from head to foot. Was examined and xrayed, was told if I hadn't mentioned it, he wouldn't have noticed it as it is so minor and likely to be bone. Was offered a referral to hospital merely to put anxiety at rest, was also given a 2nd opinion by practice manager, who said the same, they talked to me about oral cancer and the signs and put my mind at rest.
I've declined the referral, I have to trust these professionals who would err on the side of caution as their careers could be on the line if they misdiagnose.
The point of this thread is, I've put myself through hell for nothing. I sobbed with relief when he said it's nothing to worry about and I've now eaten. So relieved xxx

emily67
15-09-15, 11:33
hello Traceypo!

the point is that you were concerned, and you decided to do something about it.

i'm so glad it turned out nothing to worry about

have a good day

x

Traceypo
15-09-15, 11:36
Thanks hun, really need to get a grip of the worrying and catastrophising x

Dornish Red
15-09-15, 11:51
I am glad everything is okay. I know the feeling you felt, but you did what you had to do, and now you shouldn't worry anymore:)
By the way, I have two small firm lumps on the roof of my mouth for my whole life, never even thought to get them checked, I assume it's nothing since I'm still here :D

Traceypo
15-09-15, 12:18
Thanks hun, can't thank my dentist enough for not dismissing my anxiety and talking me through everything. X

dally
15-09-15, 17:07
I had two lumps in my bottom jaw just under my teeth. The dentists told me it was just bone growth and was very common

Charlottemay
14-06-18, 21:25
Old post I know but I think I’m in a similar boat :(

nomorepanic
14-06-18, 23:35
Old post I know but I think I’m in a similar boat :(

At least you know what to do now :yesyes:

Ryzinn
15-06-18, 09:13
I'm going to the doctor for this very same thing tomorrow. Blah. :/

MyNameIsTerry
15-06-18, 12:46
Phew, I thought Tracey had relapsed for a minute there.

ToasterOvens
15-06-18, 14:50
Yeap, in the future its definitely better to create your own threads. Much easier to track a conversation.

But since I'm here... I had a bump on the roof of my mouth as well. Was around for a very long time. Dentist didn't know what it was, but thought it was a cyst. Said chances of cancer in the location of the bump were absolutely tiny. Referred me to an oral surgeon.

Ended up being a chronically inflamed salivary gland that couldn't release its saliva. Apparently pretty common and easy to cause. Any mouth trauma can do it. Biopsy confirmed this.

Ryzinn
15-06-18, 21:10
Yeap, in the future its definitely better to create your own threads. Much easier to track a conversation.

But since I'm here... I had a bump on the roof of my mouth as well. Was around for a very long time. Dentist didn't know what it was, but thought it was a cyst. Said chances of cancer in the location of the bump were absolutely tiny. Referred me to an oral surgeon.

Ended up being a chronically inflamed salivary gland that couldn't release its saliva. Apparently pretty common and easy to cause. Any mouth trauma can do it. Biopsy confirmed this.

Was your bump very hard and fixated in its location? Where was it at specifically?

Just curious, I'm being referred to an ENT due to mine.

Edit: Nvm, I saw your thread on it. Mine doesn't pop. :/

korega
16-06-18, 07:16
I had a bump pn the hard part of the roof of mouth. Ot qas hard like a bone. Went to the dentist. He really sisnt think much of it. I stressed myself put completely. Within 2 weeks ot juat disappeared and has never come back.

Ryzinn
16-06-18, 20:21
I had a bump pn the hard part of the roof of mouth. Ot qas hard like a bone. Went to the dentist. He really sisnt think much of it. I stressed myself put completely. Within 2 weeks ot juat disappeared and has never come back.

Well thats kinda encouraging I guess. I've had mine for a month now. Hoping like hell it's nothing. Super worried about it.