PDA

View Full Version : Scared Skin Cancer!

ThePerfctSky
15-09-15, 14:46
Hi everyone I wonder if someone can shed some light on this. In the dip part between neck and collarbone if i lightly run my finger over the area I can feel a flat kind of bump very small, on the skin it is totally invisible I cannot see anythimg there's no redness no pain. Its not under the skin like a lymph node would be its on the skin because when i stretch the skin it moves with it like a pimple would I have no pain in it at all. I am really scared this is the start of skin cancer! Its so hard to explain how it feels but it not a lump.
Has anyone else had one of these? Or can anyone help me out im not feeling great about it. :(

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

Oh also I forgot to add I found it a few weeks ago and I rarely get any sun but I did get bad sunburn a month or do ago on my chest I am also 22 years old. Thank you.

emily67
15-09-15, 15:13
hey did you see anyone about this yet?

it may put your mind at ease- if they tell you, it's nothing to worry about.. it's okay.

Fishmanpa
15-09-15, 15:24
The human body is filled with lumps, bumps, freckles, moles and other things. After all, we're not made of porcelain and we're asymmetric by nature.

You're hyper-focused on yourself and it's a hallmark behavior of HA. At your age, it's highly unlikely to be anything sinister.

Positive thoughts

ThePerfctSky
15-09-15, 15:55
hey did you see anyone about this yet?

it may put your mind at ease- if they tell you, it's nothing to worry about.. it's okay.

No I didnt see anyone yet and I dont intend to unless it becomes sore and bigger because I am trying not to fuel my anxiety by making appointments. Thanks for your reply.

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

You're hyper-focused on yourself and it's a hallmark behavior of HA. At your age, it's highly unlikely to be anything sinister.

Positive thoughts

Fishmanpa you are right I am totally focused on my body at the moment my HA is sky high its tiring me out. I know it will probably just be nothing and like you say we are asymmetrical but i cant help but have that doubt in the back of my mind.

Should I just leave it be? I dont think its worth a visit to the DR just yet. Thank you.

ThePerfctSky
16-09-15, 07:28
Woke up this morning feeling really anxious about this being unsure of what something is is awful. I don't know what to do! :,(