PDA

View Full Version : Gasping for breath

claire_2910
15-09-15, 14:43
Ok so I've had this problem for like 5 years on and off sometimes it lasts longer than others. This time round I'm fed up with it. Wondering how long it is going to be around for this time. Does anyone else have this?

I know how to cure it. To not think about it! Which is exceptionally hard. I have been trying past few days to not think about it by keeping busy and even though I feel like giving in carrying on, even with a tight chest and uncomfortable symptoms.

However, the minute I have five minutes mind space, or I'm on my own it gets worse. This is like in the car, when I wake up in the morning...when I'm working! Which is the major one. I work alone I'm self employed so it's difficult to concentrate on work and even when I am designing my mind is still wandering off.

I need some help on how to keep majorly busy. Some motivation and words of wisdom and also is there a technique to stop gasping, as every time I do I'm hurting the muscles. I'm trying to not gasp but it's like a tickle in the back of your throat that makes you want to cough, or trying to eat a donut and not lick your lips!

emily67
15-09-15, 15:04
Ok so I've had this problem for like 5 years on and off sometimes it lasts longer than others. This time round I'm fed up with it. Wondering how long it is going to be around for this time. Does anyone else have this?

I know how to cure it. To not think about it! Which is exceptionally hard. I have been trying past few days to not think about it by keeping busy and even though I feel like giving in carrying on, even with a tight chest and uncomfortable symptoms.

However, the minute I have five minutes mind space, or I'm on my own it gets worse. This is like in the car, when I wake up in the morning...when I'm working! Which is the major one. I work alone I'm self employed so it's difficult to concentrate on work and even when I am designing my mind is still wandering off.

I need some help on how to keep majorly busy. Some motivation and words of wisdom and also is there a technique to stop gasping, as every time I do I'm hurting the muscles. I'm trying to not gasp but it's like a tickle in the back of your throat that makes you want to cough, or trying to eat a donut and not lick your lips!

hugs clair.... yep, gasping's sooo horrible

i've had times in the past where it's been so bad it's been like i've not been able to get breath at all (i mean the gasps arn't even gasps. they are just... well, hard to explain)

watching this thread too for any answers

you're not alone

white1989
15-09-15, 15:47
hi Claire, you're not alone, I have horrible feelings of not being able to breathe daily, like my windpipe is closing up and I cant take a deep breath, gets worse the more I think about it and when I'm on my own/at work - this is the worst one like you said!! I've actually started getting it about 20 minutes ago, sat at my desk now feeling really anxious about it. every time I get it I feel like I'm definitely going to stop breathing and it'll be the last time! such a horrible feeling. i'll keep watching this post for any advise! stay positive! best wishes x

els83
22-10-15, 16:48
Hi Claire,

I've been having this problem for the past 3 months. Somedays I am fine, otherdays I am always feeling like I can't get a full breath. I am anemic and I am taking iron tablets, but I am not sure if this is due to anemia or not. If it is, why aren't the iron tablets working?

I take my blood pressure when I am been feeling 'breathless' and it's always low (av. 100/55). My normal BP is 117/68

Does anyone else have this problem?

Els