PDA

View Full Version : Panic

hogwarts
10-02-07, 12:14
Hello all need some help i have just been to the gym i was there for 20 mins and had the worse panic attack that i have sufferd for about 2 years it was horrid.

It was like my legs had a warm russ down them and i thought i as going to have a stroke i just ran out of the gym and came home it as readlly pxxxxd me right off can anyone relate to this please.

Gareth.:(:(:(

groovygranny
10-02-07, 13:00
Hello there!

This is really 'orrible isn't it? I haven't had a full blown PA for a long time but still get the odd 'twinge'.

I know full well the 'warm rush' but mine started from the feet up! It's your body being swamped with adrenalin and, as you were at the gym, I'd say this is what it probably was.

Next time it happens, try your very best not to rush away but allow it to wash over you, like a wave . It's not very pleasant I know, but it should get better each time you do it until you regain control.

Hope this is helpful to you and that you feel a little better now. Try not to be angry with yourself as this will only feed the circle of adrenalin rush off again.

Look at it from the perspective of a 'learning curve' - I'm still on mine :)!!

lotsa luv

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

hogwarts
10-02-07, 13:33
Thank you for your kind support i mean it really.

I am a little calmer now i was stuppid to run away from it but it really scared me to death.

Gareth.

nomorepanic
10-02-07, 14:48
Gareth

Glad you feel better now. Do you know what triggered it off?

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

hogwarts
10-02-07, 15:35
I haven't got a clue i was in the gym talking with a mate and all of a sudden bamm it hit it scared the sxxt out of me really
i actualy thought i was going to drop dead there and then i was shaking like mad.

Its good to have so many people to talk to who have the problems i have.

Gareth.

nomorepanic
10-02-07, 17:33
I assume you had eaten something before going to the gym?

Nicola

hogwarts
10-02-07, 18:31
Yes i had bananna and an apple before i went i dont think this is enough thow do you?

Gareth.

nomorepanic
10-02-07, 18:36
I know sometimes if I don't eat before I exercise I feel dizzy and grotty.

Bananas are very good for a quick snack.

Maybe it could have been this. I hope you can put it behind you anyway and it doesn't put you off going back.

Nicola

sal
10-02-07, 23:35
Gareth

Here for you and know how hard this is mate, if you want to talk feel free to pm me.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

sal
11-02-07, 22:38
You are not alone and i will help you all i can mate.

Big hugs

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".