PDA

View Full Version : Teeth Anxiety

whatisthis
16-09-15, 13:24
Hi

I've not used this forum in years as I've managed to live with my annoying anxiety.

Unfortunately I am now worrying about my teeth 24/7 and don't know what to do.

Since going on Pregablin nearly 3 years ago I've had to have 5 fillings (2 i suspect are results of other badly done fillings causing the adjacent tooth to collapse) and my teeth have deteriorated fairly quickly even with fairly good hygiene. This is all happening to my lower molars and premolars. I stupidly googled and heard horror stories of medication and people loosing their teeth. I am mortified and can't even eat with the fear.

I feel stuck in fear. I can't get off Pregablin due to still trying to get off Paroxetine after a 5 year taper. This has resulted in one breakdown and several episodes of suicidal tendencies. I'm currently at 3.2mg, I am determined to stick at getting off that medication.

I can't help but look up dentures and implants, thankfully I have insurance through work (uk) But my GAD is driving me nuts about this subject.

I felt some sensitivity the other day on all my teeth which has now moved into full blown jaw ache and panic. I get to see the dentist in a few days but he never reassures me. I'm going to be honest with him about my concerns at the age of 33 and how my teeth are going.

Not sure why I am posting, just venting I guess at my frustration of ended up on medication somehow, Paroxetine making it worse and now dental problems as a result.