PDA

View Full Version : Are UTI's more common than I think?

little.miss.worry
16-09-15, 17:27
Hello all!

I've been feeling a bit.. "off" for a couple/3 days or so. I wasn't sure if it was a UTI so I just kinda shrugged it off. I got a gut feeling though last night it was one because I kept getting odd pains in my bladder. So, I trotted off to give in a sample this morning and I rang back about an hour ago and surprise surprise I do have one! I've been give a 3 day course of Nitrofurantoin. I've had one every month around about this point in the month since July! It's driving me insane because, every time I do get one, I fret it'll go to my kidney as I only have one.

So, my question is, are UTI's pretty common for women and also, can they be serious? Because part of me also worries the tablets won't work and I'll end up in hospital (worse fear) also, I just want to know is lower back pain common with a UTI? Because it hurts, like an ache and it's proper worrying me at the moment.

Any replies would be appreciated, thank you! :)

Annie0904
16-09-15, 17:57
Hi I have never suffered from UTI's myself but when my daughter was about 25 she used to get them very often. Make sure you complete the full course of medication even if you are feeling better.

little.miss.worry
16-09-15, 18:09
Hi I have never suffered from UTI's myself but when my daughter was about 25 she used to get them very often. Make sure you complete the full course of medication even if you are feeling better.

I will do, thanks! :)