PDA

View Full Version : Self Confidence needed

Kaiser42
16-09-15, 21:56
Hi Im Louise :) I have joined this site hoping to get some advice with like-minded people and hopefully make some friends along the way.

I have been divorced for 7 years now and am blessed with 2 lovely teenagers. Im having problems with self confidence and sadly im what's known as a people pleaser!!! this is good in some ways but not in others I find some people take advantage and this is making me feel very low.

I know I need to get out more but I have no confidence to do this !

In a nutshell I think I need to change my outlook and become stronger :)

Any tips or advice greatly appreciated Thank you Louise xx

venusbluejeans
16-09-15, 22:02
Hiya Kaiser42 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

23tana
16-09-15, 22:07
Hello Louise. Welcome to nmp.

There's lots of friendly, confident people on here. Panic and anxiety doesn't hold many back. I'm a people pleaser like you, but since my family have left home and I've been on my own I am learning to overcome the anxiety and get out there.

It's not easy and you need to take baby steps to build your confidence. I was lucky enough to have a friend who agreed to come with me to a singing group. Having joined one group, I then found it easier to join another that friends made at the first went to. My new found confidence in joining them spilt over into all areas. I still have low days and days when I have to force myself to go out, but overall I'm proud of myself for the things I've managed so far.

I hope you find the support you need on here. Good luck!

Kaiser42
16-09-15, 22:15
Thank you :)