PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

ginger123
16-09-15, 23:56
Hi, i'm 36 and started having health anxiety and panic attacks 10 years ago. After having my first child i had my first panic attack, that lead to health anxiety. Constantly had a tight chest i was so sure i had a PE, chest pains thought it was a heart attack. Had a sore throat was sure it was throat cancer, was constantly examining my neck and throat for lumps that lead to lots of throat infections. Lots of skipped beats and palpatations. I was put on beta blockers and antidepressants. I moved house 7 years ago, back to where i grew up and all of this left me. Was on no medication i could actually relax and watch tv and get to sleep no problem. But slowly over the last 2 years it has started to come back. I had split with my partner but we are still best friends, so there is no stress there. Started to get palpatations and skipped beats and have now been on beta blockers again since January. I get tight tight chested allot at night mainly. If i hear or see anything medical related i get all the signs and symptoms myself. I'm so sick of it. The latest is i watched a programme and someone had a brain tumour and thought back to last week when i felt a bit dizzy and one time last year. I'v totally panicked. Just want it all to stop now. The mind is so powerful.
Sorry i'v gone on. Just lovely to know i'm not the only one

venusbluejeans
17-09-15, 00:03
Hiya ginger123 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sial72
17-09-15, 06:42
Hi there and welcome xx