PDA

View Full Version : Headache Sufferers-There Is Hope

GoWhiteSox
17-09-15, 16:33
I know alot of people here myself included have posted with headache issues and alot of people have brain tumor fears.

Just wanted to tell those that I have been experiencing positive results from a drug called gabapentin i was put on a week ago (very low dose right now ramping up gradually)

this may or may not be the med that helps you but i just want those who are suffering with frequent or constant headaches to not lose hope because you can be helped..i think a good neurologist is the best person to see, they will examine you thoroughly and probably recommend mri to rule out brain tumor right away (i wasnt really concerned thats what i had, just had a hard time dealing with the constant pain), and can prescribe many non-opiate meds to help with neuropathic pain, for me my doc believes my pain is caused by post-herpetic nerve inflammation (similar to pain after shingles, mine was from glandular fever a virus in same family), and gabapentin helps with that

so anyway just wanted to give encouragement to those with headaches, you are not crazy, your pain is real, its almost certainly not a brain tumor, and you can be helped :-)..my pain level is improving and i have hope that it will continue to get better