PDA

View Full Version : Indigestion or heart attack symptoms?

GlazedOwl
17-09-15, 21:48
Having sort of odd symptoms for the last 2-3 days. After eating dinner at around 5-6-ish, my stomach starts burning (not painful burning, but more like so warm it's kinda freaking me out lol), and after it doesn't go away for half an hour I take an antacid or two. It sort of starts going away, but it's still here 2-3 hours later. With quite a few light burps here and there (don't feel acidic though?) A few days ago I had shooting pains right where my sternum is, the day after it felt like I had acid in my esophagus, then I developed some sort of flu symptoms like LOADS of phlegm in my throat for the whole day, difficulty swallowing, yellow patches in the back of my throat - was worried about that but apparently quite a few of my colleagues had the same symptoms so I wrote it down to autumn cold :)

Anyway, yesterday and today, few hours after eating dinner and still having the warm fuzzy stomach, I start feeling a tension in my left arm, mainly the outter part of the forearm?? I was propped on that arm for an hour or so beforehand, but this tension didn't show up an hour later AFTER I sat up properly?

I've been trying to find a reasonable answer on the net, it SOUNDS like something to do with stomach acid, but the chest and left arm symptoms are a bit unnerving? :unsure: I'm only in my twenties, but with family/previous history of heart issues I don't want to be taking any chances and I'd prefer to be actually able to call an ambulance if I am actually having a heart attack :unsure:

Fishmanpa
17-09-15, 21:52
Indigestion IMO. I had two heart attacks. You wouldn't be posting here waiting for replies if it were. That and the fact you're 20 seals that deal.

Positive thoughts

GlazedOwl
17-09-15, 22:01
That's the thing, apparently what I've been reading says that almost half of heart attacks suffered aren't the typical book cases? As in, even without direct chest pain and such? I think that's what has me worried, that there are 'silent' HAs :wacko: I'm leaning towards indigestion myself, just my left arm's throwing me off...

Fishmanpa
17-09-15, 22:08
apparently what I've been reading

Yep.... that's it right there. Dr. Google strikes again :doh: With respect, you're "20" years old. If you want to believe the good doctor, that's up to you. If you really feel you're in danger, go to the hospital. I'm sure all with check out 100% Ok.

Positive thoughts

GlazedOwl
17-09-15, 22:12
Yeah yeah I know....that's what you get when you have health anxiety I suppose. Trust me, the googling was way worse a month ago. I'm getting there, but as you can see I still have a few outbreaks here and there. Self control is an art apparently :shrug: