PDA

View Full Version : Moving forward

egodeff
18-09-15, 01:53
let me start of by thanking those who replied to my first forum post ever, the response i received was warm and really made me wish i had posted on here sooner. thank you guys :)

now i would like some advise on tackling my panic attacks and anxiety issues, i think it is best if i explain the things i am doing currently to get by. firstly i do use deep breathing but with no real technique i just attempted to taking steady deep breathes when panicking (advise given to me by a paramedic).

secondly i drink a lot of strong chamomile tea which seems to help balance me somewhat throughout the day.

my doctor has prescribed my 2mg diazepam which i am terrified of as i worry the will kill me so taking them can be traumatic for me.

i have had to courses of cbt (six weeks) both of which i was unable to finish them completely due to moving home and university. i study psychology at uni and i feel as though studying cbt has taken its "magic" for me. but any one's advise on cbt would be very appreciated.

i have completely cut out caffeine (going on two years now) drugs and only drink occasionally as it gives me terrible anxiety when i sober up.

all of the above is what i do to help keep my anxiety in check which only helps a very small amount. i was advised by a lovely person on here to be pro active with my anxiety and panic attacks so i would love to know what everyone else does/ is doing to relieve their symptoms and maybe help me "live" rather than exist.

stay strong

EGODEFF:noangel::noangel::noangel::noangel: