PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety burning a hole in my chest

Beckybecks
18-09-15, 11:40
This anxiety is buning a hole in my chest. Well not literally, but it feels like it.
I can only explain it as follows.... Remember when you were young and so excited for Christmas morning and you had these funny feelings inside of excitement and anticipation?
I have this but I don't have anything to be excited about. So it worries me and that just makes it worse. It feels almost like something burning inside my chest and I feel as though I'm going to explode.
It's so extreme that I feel nauseous. I try to keep busy but it's always there even when I go to bed. But much worse in the morning.
I'm guessing it's all to do with anxiety. Just wondered who else feels like this.

Deanosbeano
18-09-15, 12:24
Hiya Beckybecks,
i remember these feelings too , they fade away in time :)

Leah1971
19-09-15, 07:48
Hi Beckybecks, yes that's basically how my anxiety is. And I find when I have an event coming up it's worse. It's like I have trouble distinguishing the difference between anxiety and excitement. But I'm working on it. That feeling that you' have :)will ease as your anxiety levels drop

Beckybecks
19-09-15, 08:30
Thank you. That's exactly what it is. Difficulty in distinguishing between anxiety and excitement. If you find a way to deal with it please let me know. I had it for several days and found that a lot of physical activity helped at least to keep my mind off it.

Beckybecks
19-09-15, 22:26
Burning is back.
I have a feeling it's connected to my in-laws who are visiting us for SIX WEEKS !!!!!

Pepperpot
19-09-15, 22:56
Deary me - that is enough to send anyone crackers ;)

It's just excess adrenaline, nothing sinister. It is unnerving though. x