PDA

View Full Version : Lump is growing!

TheMadOladCoger
18-09-15, 16:29
Hello,

At this moment in time I am scared I won't lie, I have some Lymph Nodes under my chin by my Adams apple they have been there around 3 months now I have had an Ultrasound on them and have been told that they are fine. However the one Lymph Nodes has started to change size it is getting larger slowly, it can still move when I touch it but still its growing slowly and I am spread I have seen number of Doctors and all have said that it is fine but I know that it is slowly growing. I will add that it is still small no bigger than 0.5cm but I know it is getting larger. The larger node I have hasn't changed in size at all yet this one has, also I seem to have another small one that is behind the one that is growing. I have told my Doctor that I am worried about it yet he doesn't seem to think it is a problem, yet I am worried and don't know what to do about it. :weep:

Peace

Fishmanpa
18-09-15, 16:46
I have some Lymph Nodes under my chin by my Adams apple they have been there around 3 months now I have had an Ultrasound on them and have been told that they are fine.... I have seen number of Doctors and all have said that it is fine but I know that it is slowly growing....I have told my Doctor that I am worried about it yet he doesn't seem to think it is a problem

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts. You've had scientific tests and trained experienced medical professionals examine you and there's nothing that warrants further investigation.

I know you're poking and prodding and that will cause them to persist and swell more and may even cause them to become shotty (permanently swollen). What's happening IMO is your anxiety is just telling you lies and making you perceive things that aren't happening. So, you can continue to chase a diagnosis or look into treating your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

TheMadOladCoger
18-09-15, 16:50
Hi,

I know and I also think it is my anxiety playing tricks on me, I noticed the one growing around six days ago and I decided to leave it for this didn't last and I have been checking it every two days (I know I shouldn't) But every time I check the node it is larger and this isn't actually me thinking it has got larger I can actually tell it has. I think I am just being silly but I am also worried as I don't really know why it is bigger.

Peace