PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Torimori
18-09-15, 17:04
Hi all,
My name is Victoria and started with anxiety approx 5 years ago. I've managed pretty well with it on the whole but started having breathlessness and night a few weeks again, pushed it to the back of my mind and then it all came crashing down on Wednesday. Had a major meltdown at work, a huge panic attack and could no stop crying, after I'd taken my first 50mg sertraline that morning. Spoke to Dr again Wednesday afternoon who suggested I take a diazepam when needed just to calm the initial side of effects down. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just want to feel normal.
Anyway, sorry that was more of a moan than an intro :ohmy:

venusbluejeans
18-09-15, 17:09
Hiya Torimori and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Torimori
18-09-15, 19:56
Thank you very much for the welcome. I've struggled on for so long on my own that i am only just beginning to admit I need help from others too. Thank you for pointing me to the articles - I'll have a look now.

sial72
18-09-15, 20:10
Hi Victoria
Having a good moan is very therapeutic ;) welcome x

helloworld
18-09-15, 22:15
Hiya and welcome.... I take sertraline and occasionally diazepam following a really bad spell with panic attacks several months ago.... Have met some great people on this site to talk with and share experience... Please do feel free to get in touch if you want a chat and hope you find the sertraline helpful after it kicks in properly!

Torimori
18-09-15, 22:19
Thank you so much for being so kind. I feel like a burden to my family and friends and I'm sure they get fed up of my dramas!

I'm hoping once the initial side effects wear off, the sertraline will start working. My dr advised 25mg (after I had such a bad day on 1st 50mg) until Wednesday and then back to 50mg. I had 5mg diazepam on Wednesday but only 2.5mg today, when I really couldn't cope any more.

X

helloworld
18-09-15, 22:48
Hi again.... I think the sertraline worked well for me in the end... But I think you do have to be patient, and I remember the first few weeks being a little tough..... Stick with it and I think you will feel the benefits .... :)

emily67
19-09-15, 11:33
hello.

introduced you in the check in thread- but hello again!

lol

x