PDA

View Full Version : Tell me why I don't like Mondays?

Jaco45er
11-02-07, 11:22
I don't get it. For as far as I can remember I hate Mondays.

I often wondered why, and concluded that its going back to work after the weekend. But now I am self-employed I don't always work on a Monday.

Take tomorrow for instance, its a quite day for me, so I am not out on any client sites. And even though I should spend the day doing some housekeeping, that is invoicing, receipts etc etc [|)]. I just know that the self-disciplined man I am, I will say stuff it, go down the gym, come home, then do nothing in particular.

But, I am still dreading tomorrow because its MONDAY.

I can only assume that we are programmed to hate monday's. So, I was thinking, if enough of us thought the same way, maybe we can band together, lobby parliament, go to a 6 day week, Sunday then Tuesday and skip Monday's for good.

What you think? I am being serious!!!!!

Look, if I was trying to be funny, I would have said, A horse walks into a bar and the barman says "why the long face?"

Ross
11-02-07, 11:42
lol Jaco. I have had that thought many a time. But then Tuesday will become the new Monday! Before you know it, Wednesday will be the new Monday and so on.

Just one of those things I guess.

Jaco45er
11-02-07, 12:53
I didn't think of that Ross, ok 3 day week, friday to sunday, you in?

I was wrong about tomorrow, I am busy now, learning to spell words like quiet.

Anyway, I have put the whole lobby the goverment thing on hold, I am more concerned with this Birdflu in the UK, I just heard, its untweetable ;)

Ok ok I am going

Jaco45er

wobily_lin
11-02-07, 14:28
Monday, Tuesday Wedsnday etc...then it starts all ova again lol another day..dif s**t lmao

Boomtoown rats.........wicked lmfao..

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

ksmith
11-02-07, 17:52
I flippin hate Sunday nights as I know the next day is Monday! Antiques Roadshow, Songs of Praise etc. all just really winds me up for that 'Sunday Night Feeling'. All I need is a bit of Jim Bowen and Bully's Star Prize to make my Sunday night misery complete. I get into work Monday and can't even talk until at least 11.30 which is a bit of an inconvenience when you're a teacher (lol).

I also felt like this when I was a stay at home Mum and didn't go to work. Perhaps there is just something bloody awful about Mondays!!

Kay

nomorepanic
12-02-07, 16:59
Why don't we not have any days. Call them 1 2 3 4 5 6 & 7 then you can decide week by week what day is 1 etc

Solves the problem of any day that ends in "day".

See - easy solution!

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

mooks
12-02-07, 17:14
god we hate mondays..i think its us and our illnesses as we also prefer summer to winter...
Sunday nights are the worst.....

darkangel
12-02-07, 19:51
why is it we always start a diet on a monday too

maybe thats why they not working for me lol

darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

wobily_lin
13-02-07, 06:29
lmao darkangel......yer does seem that things always start on mondays....diets, pack up smokn etc...............

Think we shud make up some new names for the days of the week that will make us smile.......i mean the americans have hump day lmfao

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

manmoor
15-02-07, 09:35
Hump Day in America?? And they say the irish are dopey lol.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

wobily_lin
15-02-07, 11:45
lmfao moo, i know, but it's true lol.

Take care,
Lin xxx

Gutsy
21-02-07, 18:15
Hi guys

I know this is an oldish thread but I'm quite new to the board and reading through some of the old posts - couldn't resist this one. None of us like Mondays, right? I wrote this some time ago.

Mondays

The man who made up Mondays
Didn’t want any further fun days
No more soaking up the sun days
But rather everyone’s gonna run days
Don’t stop until the work is done days

Til someone made up Tuesdays
Let’s banish all the blues days
Monday’s old news days
I don’t have to blow my fuse days
A little time left to choose days

Followed by Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
I don’t have to sigh days
Time seems to fly days
My eyes will stay dry days
And I can get by days

Saturdays and Sundays are the weekend
When I return from round the bend
A few seconds to spend
With every family and friend
Wishing it would never end

Now I say to the man who made up Mondays,
Let’s turn them into extended Sundays!

clarissa
21-02-07, 20:22
I am also self employed, but maybe unlike you I am disciplined, i work on Saturdays & Sundays my weekend is Monday & Tuesday. So I do not like Wednesdays that much, but then you see Wednesdays are half way through the week, so it is nearly the weekend, and I do not work every Sat& Sun, so - No - not a problem for me!