PDA

View Full Version : Staph Infection / MRSA

coastgirl
19-09-15, 05:13
Hi everyone. I recently dealt with a small infection that was diagnosed as cellulitis. It was a red patch on my breast about the size of a nickel. I got antibiotics for it but they were only for 7 days. The infection definitely got better, but it seemed to "stall out" and a small area remained slightly red around the area where a tiny pimple/abscess had formed and then healed over.

I had a followup and the doctor seemed to be unconcerned and said if it doesn't get better or gets worse to call in for more antibiotics. He said it was probably an uncomplicated staph infection, and likely MRSA as MRSA is often the case. The original Urgent Care doctor gave me medications as if I had MRSA. It was never cultured, however, so this is just an educated guess by the doctor. He also said that MRSA is often treatable and most people just hear the horror stories.

Well for the next few days it kept looking the same! I really could not see much improvement and I almost thought that the reddish area was getting slightly bigger again, although not by much. I felt fine physically for the most part although the last two days I have felt tired. It really triggered a lot of anxiety. And on top of it, I caught a cold recently. That certainly did not help my anxiety.

I called in for more antibiotics and got a new prescription. I just started taking them although I was hesitant at first. I really dislike antibiotics, and I was having a hard time making the decision about whether or not it would just get better on its own or if I should take the antibiotics. I mean, I'm not a doctor!!! I just hate to be on antibiotics for 10 more days if it's not totally necessary.

Am I doing the right thing by taking this second round of antibiotics? How can I ease my anxiety in the meantime? It really triggered it and I'm wondering if all this anxiety is making me tired.

Jull
08-01-17, 10:23
Hey! I wish I could see your post earlier :(
Staph infection can be fatal for even healthy people who get caught up.
Normally they will treat staph infection by using antibiotics as well as drainage on the affected parts. But there are infections which common antibiotics are not capable of dealing.
We can prevent this disease thanks to natural remedies. One of the most effective home remedies for staph infection is Tea tree oil which is well - known for its healing ability.
Tea tree oil was found to be able to inhibit growth of all clinical fungal isolates. It has been evaluated against 26 strains of various dermatophyte species, 54 yeasts, among them 32 strains of Candida albicans that causes staph infection. The in vivo effect of tea tree oil ointment in the therapy of fungal infections of the skin and mucous membranes as well as in the treatment of dandruff, a mild form of seborrheic dermatitis, may be at least partly due to an antifungal activity of tea tree oil.
So, I'm sure Tea tree oil is one of the most effective remedies for staph infection.
How to use tea tree oil to treat staph infection:
- Moisten a cotton swab and drop some oil on it. Directly apply on the affected area. After couples of hour, cleanse it off.
- Make a mixture from a teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel with some drops of oil and a little bit of honey. Directly apply onto the affected area. After couples of hour, cleanse it off.
Perform those remedies for 1 to 2 times per day until there are positive changes.
But!! REMEMBER: Avoid consuming the oil due to its side effects.

I also searched on the internet for some other remedies for staph infection and here in this article: Staph Infection Home Remedies (https://homeremedies.info/staph-infection/)
Hope my post helps! :)

ServerError
08-01-17, 10:53
Why would you boost a post from 18 months ago just to type out that pile of claptrap?

GlassPinata
08-01-17, 19:15
Hi everyone. I recently dealt with a small infection that was diagnosed as cellulitis. It was a red patch on my breast about the size of a nickel. I got antibiotics for it but they were only for 7 days. The infection definitely got better, but it seemed to "stall out" and a small area remained slightly red around the area where a tiny pimple/abscess had formed and then healed over.

I had a followup and the doctor seemed to be unconcerned and said if it doesn't get better or gets worse to call in for more antibiotics. He said it was probably an uncomplicated staph infection, and likely MRSA as MRSA is often the case. The original Urgent Care doctor gave me medications as if I had MRSA. It was never cultured, however, so this is just an educated guess by the doctor. He also said that MRSA is often treatable and most people just hear the horror stories.

Well for the next few days it kept looking the same! I really could not see much improvement and I almost thought that the reddish area was getting slightly bigger again, although not by much. I felt fine physically for the most part although the last two days I have felt tired. It really triggered a lot of anxiety. And on top of it, I caught a cold recently. That certainly did not help my anxiety.

I called in for more antibiotics and got a new prescription. I just started taking them although I was hesitant at first. I really dislike antibiotics, and I was having a hard time making the decision about whether or not it would just get better on its own or if I should take the antibiotics. I mean, I'm not a doctor!!! I just hate to be on antibiotics for 10 more days if it's not totally necessary.

Am I doing the right thing by taking this second round of antibiotics? How can I ease my anxiety in the meantime? It really triggered it and I'm wondering if all this anxiety is making me tired.

My son had an infected bug bite on his hand last year. The doctor prescribed antibiotics, in case it was staph. I asked if it could be MRSA. The doctor said they treat all staph infections as MRSA now. It is everywhere in the community. But the treatment is still antibiotics.
I would recommend you take the full dose prescribed to you.
Best of luck.

Edit: oops, just realized this is an old post.
And ServerError, i agree with you. The first response IS a pile of claptrap. Staph infections are virtually never "fatal" in otherwise healthy people. Or even sick ones, for that matter. They are treated with antibiotics. MRSA is treated with stronger antibiotics. It is resistant to some first-line antibiotics, but there are many others that can still take care of it.
I would not recommend messing about at home with tea tree oil. Just take your medicine as prescribed, and everything will be fine.