PDA

View Full Version : feeling selfish but cant help it

emmalj0
19-09-15, 08:57
My sisters father in law is dying from cancer started in lungs now spread to liver and blood. Its awful knowing someone is going through this. Dying of cancer is my worst fear. Although iv been told im ok i dont have cancer all i think is drs are wrong. Iv a lump on my rib iv had over two years. Iv had four ultrasounds nothing suspicious found. Iv assymetrical tonsils been told they look normal and healthy not to worry yet i still do.

i cant talk to anyone at the minute because everyone thinks im selfish thinking about myself when iv been told im ok and theres people in the world dying. Its heightened my anxiety as its someone close. Iv got cbt coming up end of oct anyone else feel this way.

emily67
19-09-15, 11:14
My sisters father in law is dying from cancer started in lungs now spread to liver and blood. Its awful knowing someone is going through this. Dying of cancer is my worst fear. Although iv been told im ok i dont have cancer all i think is drs are wrong. Iv a lump on my rib iv had over two years. Iv had four ultrasounds nothing suspicious found. Iv assymetrical tonsils been told they look normal and healthy not to worry yet i still do.

i cant talk to anyone at the minute because everyone thinks im selfish thinking about myself when iv been told im ok and theres people in the world dying. Its heightened my anxiety as its someone close. Iv got cbt coming up end of oct anyone else feel this way.

emmalj0, cancer is horrible. i'm sorry he is dying from it.

i don't think you've any need to worry.. really. if you're always told you're fine, their's nothing to worry about right now. if it was anything as serious as cancer, doctors would have told you.

now to answer your question... i guess, but with me, it's slightly diffrent

i believe in an afterlife, and have made it quite clear all the tine- that i'll never donate blood, or any of my organs, because of my belief in an afterlife (which may, or may not actually exist)

and i do think about it.. their are people in the world dying who could benifit from blood, or a heart transplant, what ever the thing is they need.. and here i am, refusing to give up anything (not even a tiny bit of blood), because of a belief that i have no proof of

x