PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Malcolm Lewis
19-09-15, 10:13
Hi,

My name is Malcom from the North West of England, and I am a retired health professional ( yes, I know !! ).

For the past 4 years since retirement I have been suffering from increasing health anxiety. I am 60 now, and should be physically fit as I keep very active and run..My mental state is another matter!

Hope I can help others and get some suppport also. I will post my tale under the appropriate thread.

Kind regards

Malcolm

Torimori
19-09-15, 10:17
Hi Malcolm,
Welcome! I'm pretty new here too and work in the health sector (educational side).

Hope you get some support x

venusbluejeans
19-09-15, 10:18
Hiya Malcolm Lewis and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Kimmieblue
20-09-15, 12:47
Hi Malcolm.

I'm new here myself although I've been a member for some time, I've never really found the courage to post.
I'm also 60 soon and like you I am retired, I have anxiety and a number of health issues, it helps to know that people from all walks of life can suffer with anxiety. Im sick of worrying about how I feel and I'm so preoccupied with myself I often forget important appointments etc.
I take Citalapram now and have just been told to take 20mg, hopefully I'll feel better soon.
I hope you get all the support from this site and I wish you all the very best to get the anxiety under control.
Best regards.
Kimmieblue X

Malcolm Lewis
20-09-15, 16:50
Thank youy Kinmmieblue, and everyone else who has responded. This is a big issue, and I am afraid with me its getting worse. I have posted some of my main issues under 'Health Anxiety', but I am just living one day at a time now, each one infused with fear.