PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

ella32
20-09-15, 09:36
Hi I'm a 38 years old female and I have struggled with heart fears for a while. I've had all tests done in 2013 all fine but what I'm having problems with is palpitations. I have a feeling in my chest since yesterday I'm not even sure how to describe it but I'll do my best. It's like just before you get palpitations when your chest feels full or something similar to that and your waiting for a palpitation. I don't know if anyone can relate to that feeling I'm hoping they can cause it's scaring me . I can get palpitations where it actually stops the pulse I've felt it happen on occasion. I want this feeling to go away but don't know how to stop it. If anyone can help would really appreciate it. Thanks. Xx

sial72
20-09-15, 10:41
Yes, I have had that feeling too but if you have had all the tests and they have come back fine you will have to concentrate on decreasing your anxiety xxx

ella32
20-09-15, 11:41
Thanks. It's a horrible feeling its like your waiting for something bad to happen or just waiting for a massive palpitation to take the feeling away. I just hate sitting here thinking it heart attack symptoms. I can't Google cause it will only make it worse on me cause I'll find the one negative thing in there.xxx

Stache
20-09-15, 15:42
Hi Ella,

I can relate very well to that feeling!
And by being scared or afraid of it you will get a strange feeling.
It's kind of a feeling of anticipation for what is coming.
Most often caused by stress, especially stress related to fair of heart problems !

;)

Beckybecks
20-09-15, 16:43
I had huge fears about my heart after my dad died of a heart attack.

I found I was getting palpitations even when I was sitting still. I was really scared. Then one day I realised that the palpitations were coming at almost the same time every day and I put two and two together. Panic attacks happen like that too. Your mind can do strange things to your body. And it can adopt bad habits too.

The second thing that helped me was reading on a forum about other people who suffered from palpitations. One man was very relaxed about it. He said that he'd had them for years but he'd had all the tests and there was nothing wrong so he wasnt worried. He gave some facts and figures about how fast your heart can actually beat without it being a danger to you. He then said when he gets them he coughs loudly a couple of times, or he pushes as though he's having a large bowel movement. And this relieves it. I tried it and it helped me.

Then I stopped worrying all the time about the palpitations. Stopped anticipating them. And hey presto, they stopped!

I know how scary it can be, and the more you worry the worse they get, but if you've been to a doctor and got the all clear then the next step is to change your mind's bad habits.

ella32
20-09-15, 17:31
It's the feeling of something bad going to happen that has put me on edge since yesterday it's like ur just waiting for something