PDA

View Full Version : At a family event RIGHT NOW and panicking

daphnem
20-09-15, 14:15
Ok, so I'm out with my entire family right now for lunch and I'm writing this from under the table, lol. I was sitting there when I turned my head to the left and my neck did something and sent this electric shock type-feeling all up my neck and the bottom left part of my head. I've had it before, maybe five or so times in my entire life, but not for a while and not since my anxiety got really bad. It was so sudden and such a bad 'jolt' that I actually involuntarily dropped my spoon, and then because the left part of my face seemed to go a little tingly for a minute, I immediately suspected I might be having a stroke- don't worry, I've checked and I can still talk and raise my arms (tried to do this subtly lol) but I still feel quite stiff around my neck and my head hurts but it's that kind of hot flush tingliness I get when I'm having an anxiety attack. I want to go home so bad but it's my grandad's birthday and I obviously can't just leave. I'm petrified. Already escaped to the toilets once and I just need somebody to say they get this neck thing too sometimes. I'm completely freaking out and I really hope this is just anxiety. HELP! :-(

sial72
20-09-15, 14:19
I don't know if it's too late, but yes, I get it too.
How are you doing now?

daphnem
20-09-15, 14:20
I don't know if it's too late, but yes, I get it too.
How are you doing now?

Still not great if I'm honest, my jaw on the left side is tingling and it won't go away and it's really scaring me. It's like, numb from tingling. I feel like I'm about to start crying... I'm glad somebody else gets this too, though!

Torimori
20-09-15, 15:09
Hope it has passed a little for you now. I get that regularly and also get jerks quite a bit too but putting that down to starting meds.

Can you get any fresh air for a short time?

sial72
20-09-15, 15:55
It's all anxiety. If you can slip off to the toilet and follow a Youtube video eft for panic, lasts just a few minutes...looks silly but is effective x