PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Deborah57
20-09-15, 16:26
Hi everyone. My name is Deb, I am 58 years old, mom of three, grandma of four. I am married (second marriage) and work at home.

Anxiety has been a part of my life, all my life. When I was in elementary school (I just posted this in another thread, but I'll do it again...:) ), I would get so sick before school, I would throw up. I've had IBS type problems most of my life. I also have mitral valve prolapse.

My dad was nervous, too, and had stomach issues, but he was so busy with work and stuff around the house, he never said much about them. I have two older sisters ~ neither of them have had anxiety problems. One of my sons DOES have anxiety and has been on Paxil for years. His panic attacks come and go. Unfortunately, I see one of my granddaughters starting with the same thing.

I also have problems with obsessing about 'what if' scenarios. That contributes to the anxiety. One thing, my mom was sick most of my growing up. She had a heart condition and cancer at different times, so there were many times, in the middle of the night, when I was just small, that the ambulance came and got my mom. I don't think about those things much, but I'm sure they have contributed to my being who I am today.

And sometimes there's the 'out of nowhere' weird thoughts. That seems to happen less and less as I get older.

I DO enjoy crocheting, cooking and being outside.

Thank you for accepting me into this group. I am looking forward to being able to talk about these things with people who understand :shades:

venusbluejeans
20-09-15, 16:31
Hiya Deborah57 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Deborah57
20-09-15, 16:32
Thank you!!