PDA

View Full Version : Mole worries

Jamie123
20-09-15, 17:35
I have had a mole for quite a while now and it has not changed size but im not sure if its changed shape or color but I am pretty sure it hasnt for about a year and a half or so. It looks like quite an oval mole with normal edges but has almost like a skin coloured circle around it which looks sort of like a fried egg which sometimes goes red when i have been laying on that side or it has been rubbing against clothes. The mole itself is not raised but part of the bit around it seems to be raised which scares me as I am scared as it looks strange which has me worrying it could me melanoma and it could have spread causing my other cancer like symptoms. Anyone who can give me reassurance i would appreciate it very much. Also I have stretch marks near it so this could be why it goes red. I am also worried as I have read that most cases of melanoma in men are on the lower back which scares me as mine is on the lower right side of my back. I asked my mum to look at it but she just said it looks like a normal mole and that i should stop worrying we all have them aswell as a few other family members I have shown it to.

Fishmanpa
20-09-15, 17:47
I have had a mole for quite a while now and it has not changed size but im not sure if its changed shape or color but I am pretty sure it hasnt for about a year and a half or so.....I asked my mum to look at it but she just said it looks like a normal mole and that i should stop worrying we all have them aswell as a few other family members I have shown it to.

There's your reassurance ;)

Positive thoughts

Jamie123
20-09-15, 17:57
If it hasnt gotten bigger does that mean its fine for now but I should get it checked out just in case right?

mummato2
21-09-15, 01:42
If it hasnt gotten bigger does that mean its fine for now but I should get it checked out just in case right?

Skin cancer used to be a trigger for me.

Fishmanpa summed it up nicely.

My advice is to trust this is just a mole. Then book an appointment with a GP you trust, and get a skin check done once per year. Let the professional handle the screening for you :)