PDA

View Full Version : BT Worries :(

evanc
20-09-15, 18:40
So here goes – I’m actually typing this out in a word document to make sure I cover everything that has happened to me.

In June of 2014, I started having headaches that were extremely painful and woke me in the middle of the night (around 2:30). Typically, I would go jump in the shower and take two ibuprofen and it would be gone after about 45 minutes. The third time this happened, I continued waking every two hours with these horrible headaches and around 8 AM decided to go see a doctor.

The clinic I went to put me on 600 mg Ibuprofen every 6 hours and told me to go to get a CT done if this didn’t go away after three days. Well, it didn’t, but I did not have health insurance to go get a CT. The headaches weren’t as bad, but I continued to have pretty much a constant headache for the next two weeks along with some eye floaters and some moderate dizziness. After that, it was more intermittent but I did continue to have continuous, throbbing headaches for the next 4 months, and very, very brief headaches when conducting Valsalva maneuvers. I should also note that I was exercising very very regularly in the hot summer sun of Nashville, TN at this time.

Around this time last year, the headaches started to go away but I still noticed that sometimes I would get Valsalva headaches, but – as my headaches were only intermittently occurring at this point and I was not having very painful headaches like I did initially, I figured that this could not be a BT headache as that would only get worse as it grew inside my skull.

I have continued to have eye floaters which get better when I wear my glasses (I’m nearsighted and frequently don’t wear my glasses except to class) and I still have mild, very brief headaches when I cough and bend over sometimes, but not every time.

I have pretty bad health anxiety and I also know that these issues can be caused by that anxiety. I have not had a really serious headache in well over a year now, nor have I had them in the middle of the night. I just had a resurgence of fear due to noticing that I was having the brief shooting head pain when I coughed this morning. Am I freaking out over nothing?

Deborah57
20-09-15, 20:05
Was your blood pressure ok? I get that kind of stuff when mine is high.