PDA

View Full Version : Tachyardia, heart murmur, sudden death

xxminniexx
20-09-15, 18:53
Hi everyone i posted on another page but thought this forum looked quite useful too, I am 22 years old I have a heart murmur that has been diagnosed as innocent a couple of years ago, they said my heart does go quite fast (around 92bpm) but not dangerously fast. I am recently getting lots of palpitations and my heart sometimes feels like its suddenly going ridiculously fast like it doesnt pause AT ALL between beating for periods of time. My hands and feet are very cold and sometimes my nails lose colour to about half way down, I also get out of breath easily. I am worried that I have a more significant heart problem and have read that tachyardia can be linked to sudden death if theres under 40%blood flow. I am terrified I have this!!!!! I have another heart tracing soon. I dont know what to do or what I can do to help this i am worrying all the time

hanshan
21-09-15, 06:03
Hi Xxminniexx,

This is something where you have to trust your doctors and not let yourself get anxious. If you have had heart diagnostic tests in the past and they didn't find any significant problem, then the tachycardia you're getting now is unlikely to have any serious consequence. Wait for your test - it will most likely be fine.

Aaahhfreakout
21-09-15, 20:13
Your heart and circulation issues may or may not be related. You should of course get checked out by professionals.

Tachycardia can often be harmless and no more than an alarming annoyance. It depends on the type, there are many different kinds.

Also, your circulatory issues may be something called "Raynaud's phenomenon" which you might want to take a look at. This is common in young women and often has no known cause and does little harm.

Get checked out but don't get too worried. Even if it's tachycardia, it may not be serious. :)