PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please help... I'm having a panic attack!

Petesy
21-09-15, 03:39
Hi forgive me...this is a huge one!! and need i someone too talk to... So dizzy, gripping chest pain, extreme blurred and double vision etc😨

Ditapage
21-09-15, 04:53
Distraction, distraction, distraction! It's hard to give panic attack advice because I'm not experiencing what you are right now, but try this: hold an ice cube in your hand, run your hands under cold water, the shock of the water forces your mind to focus on the sensation and snap your mind out of the sensations you're experiencing.

Once you've had the cold water distraction, while still holding your hands under water or holding an ice cube, start inhaling to the count of 4,
Hold for 7, and breathe out to 8 while keeping in mind you've felt this way before and it will pass.

This might be a bit far out for people but for me I hang upside over the end of the bed because it's another sensation that distracts me from the panic sensations. I run on the spot too and use the acceptance technique where you say "I feel this right now, it feels uncomfortable, but I'm going to let it float past me and it will pass." Go with the panic rather than fight it. Nothing is going to happen to you, you've been here before.

I play this game where I name a US state for every letter of the alphabet. Or think of a colour and name all the things that are that colour. Or get a piece of paper and just start writing whatever words come to mind. These are some of my techniques, can't promise they work for everybody, but hope I can help. I know how awful it is to be in the grips of one. Remember you will soon feel back to normal. The panic has to slow down.

BRAMBLE
21-09-15, 05:05
greta advice from ditapage.i cant top that and i think i will remember all those if i ever need them too

but wanted to say i hear you and know what youre feeling right now

you will come through this you will.breathe breath deeply

have you got access to any online calming breathign exercises ?

Traceypo
21-09-15, 07:31
I count backwards from 1000 - 3, for example 997, 994 etc. Tends to work for me. I get myself so confused that I forget my panic. X