PDA

View Full Version : 5 weeks nearly and improvement

Jedimind
21-09-15, 08:29
Hello,

I've been on Nuzak/Fluoxitine for almost 5 weeks. I was prescribed 20 mg a day for Anxiety.

As lots of people do, I seemed to have gone through some of the side effects that come with taking this drug. I was, again like a lot of people mention, about to stop as it was generally making me feel worse than I did before. The usual thoughts go through my mind like will I get better and am I going crazy ect. I had ups and downs but thought at the end of week 4 I would be generally better. When I wasn't, this caused me concern. I continued however and half way in to the 5th week I felt a definite change. Still anxious early in the morning but generally calmer. I had the odd negative thought here and there but that's expected. Tomorrow is a full 5 weeks and I must say today is the best I have felt since taking the tablets. It will of course take time and positive attitude but I thought this might be encouraging for some of you to read.

All th best.

Hipha
21-09-15, 11:28
Thank you for the post. It is good to hear that the awful fluoxetine side effects do eventually subside. Do you feel better now than before you started with fluoxetine? I am 2.5 weeks in on 10mg and feeling really sickly with no appetite and no energy. Hope that you continue to improve and please keep posting on your progress as reassurance and hope is all that we have

Jedimind
21-09-15, 12:42
Hi,

Before I started the Nuzak I was in a state of high health anxiety. I had had several panic attacks based over a couple months and this had played on my mind and made me so conscious of my heart rate I was always ruminating.
To be honest that stopped shortly after seeing a doctor and starting the Fluoxetine. It was then just the effects of the drug I had to deal with, which in themselves seem to bring on self doubt and other symptoms. As I mentioned since week 4 I seem to have a clearer head. Calmer. Less dread and worry. Yes I do feel better than before taking the drug and nearly as good as before all the anxiety started. I think I have a way to go as Ihave a big life change coming up but I'm hoping this will start to get me prepared.