PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Samaritans that can give advice?

wubu
21-09-15, 19:17
I want someone to talk to about some problems and my feelings, anxiety and panic but I am not sure if there is a charity like the Samaritans that can offer advice that I can call without having to wait to speak to a councilor.

Oosh
22-09-15, 08:54
One of the big frustrations i found was the reluctance of all the services to give advice. I dont think any of them are allowed to do so. Theyre all about listening, asking questions to get you to find your own solutions or at best providing you with tools to help yourself.

Thats why i find forums refreshing in comparison because people can give their advice and share their knowledge and experience (hopefully with sensitivity being a priority).

emily67
22-09-15, 09:27
One of the big frustrations i found was the reluctance of all the services to give advice. I dont think any of them are allowed to do so. Theyre all about listening, asking questions to get you to find your own solutions or at best providing you with tools to help yourself.

Thats why i find forums refreshing in comparison because people can give their advice and share their knowledge and experience (hopefully with sensitivity being a priority).

i think i'd have to agree with you their.

that's why i sttopped using them because it was getting me no where

their's a charity called turn 2 you, which has a forum, and offers free online counceling- not sure if you might benifit from that site.

it's run by volunteers and is usually open from 4 in the afternoon until midnight