PDA

View Full Version : Back again with "new" palps

Eltwins
22-09-15, 13:04
I have suffered with palpitations for quite some years - about 10. Was diagnosed with an ectopic beat and told to go home and forget about them, which I did and have been quite good with that. Sometimes they rear their ugly head and I am able to carry on. I do suffer with bad health anxiety.
Earlier this year I had two "episodes" where they were slightly different and felt like I was almost having to catch my breath and with the urge to cough. No dizziness or anything.
Have had a huge amount of stress lately, especially in last week. Situations have been sorted today and I feel less anxious or stressed, but these "catch my breath" beats are happening all day today.
Guess my question is, do I just tell these ones to bugger off too, or should I see a doctor? My health anxiety is now kicking in and I dread the anser to that question!
Have been taking my pulse all morning, which I'm happy with when it is in the 70's, but then it drops to 50's and that freaks me out! I'm not what you call fit, so that sholdn't be happening ! Daren't take BP. :weep:

sial72
22-09-15, 14:11
It is highly likely to be anxiety but if you haven't had it checked for 10 years then you could have checked again just to be sure x