PDA

View Full Version : Feeling very up and down 40mg propranolol

pollynewsome
22-09-15, 16:21
Hi.

im currently taking 40mg propranolol for anxiety.. it does help with most of the physical symptoms but not all.. The constant feeling of needing to draw a full breath is exhausting me!! infact i cant keep my eyes open most days.. im keeping active but gosh its hard.. my body says sleep my head says keep going.. its a constant battle.. ive cried on and off most of today and its gotta be said i feel better for a short while after doing so.. however the intense feeling of tired and exhasution always comes back. I feel up then really down and that can be in a space of 20 mins. im back to the docs a week on Wed but just wondered if anyone else feels like this on propranolol or is it the anxiety??
Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:07 ----------

Also wondering could this be a spot of depression kicking in? never suffered from it before but feel so low at times!! i know all questions for doc but just a glimpse of hope prior to my appointment would be great

iwantpeace
22-09-15, 23:43
Hi.

im currently taking 40mg propranolol for anxiety.. it does help with most of the physical symptoms but not all.. The constant feeling of needing to draw a full breath is exhausting me!! infact i cant keep my eyes open most days.. im keeping active but gosh its hard.. my body says sleep my head says keep going.. its a constant battle.. ive cried on and off most of today and its gotta be said i feel better for a short while after doing so.. however the intense feeling of tired and exhasution always comes back. I feel up then really down and that can be in a space of 20 mins. im back to the docs a week on Wed but just wondered if anyone else feels like this on propranolol or is it the anxiety??
Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:07 ----------

Also wondering could this be a spot of depression kicking in? never suffered from it before but feel so low at times!! i know all questions for doc but just a glimpse of hope prior to my appointment would be great

why would you take propranolol every day in the first place?
do you have tachycardia all the time 24/7?
i assume no.
it would be wisely to take it when you are having a panic attack
in order to get rid of the palpitations.
whats the point of taking it every day?

pollynewsome
23-09-15, 14:32
To be honest i was prescribed 40mg to take everyday when i went and told the doc how i felt.. which was tired, low,the need to want to yawn or draw a breath, irritable, happy,sad, weepy, achy, light headed, generally not well! The doc said it was anxiety and prescribed this and ive taken it for the past 2months.. its far to say i dont feel any better and prob worse.. i went back doc and they said i should up the dose to taking 40mg twice a day.. i havent dared to do that because i am scared i will feel even worse..
ive never had palpitations.. if anything my heart and pulse rarely beat.. very slow..

Back to the docs i think.. i pressumed this med wasfor aniexty which is what he thinks im suffering from.

Thank you for the reply

karenp
29-09-15, 20:28
I was prescribed 40mg 3x every single day!!! I have come off Lorazepam and this was given to me to help so doctors do prescribe it on a daily basis. I find it helps a little but not how I'd like and I guess I am on a high dose. I was recently in hospital and one of the docs there said Prop won't help benzo withdrawal but my gp's are crap to be honest. One thing though, the sleepiness will go away. I have zero side effects apart from I get insomnia but that is probs my anxiety not the Prop and I have suffered with it for months but did read Prop can cause it.

pollynewsome
30-09-15, 19:40
Thanks for your reply Karenp.. went back docs today having only taking 5mg of the prop today.. i do feel a bit better for nearly getting off it.. however i do have anxiety issues regarding vertigo that i suffer from. so he given me meds to try and help with that and then see how i feel. Hope you feel better soon.