PDA

View Full Version : Is this not serious than I thought?

Torimori
22-09-15, 16:35
So I'm on day 7 of sertraline and although I'm obviously still experiencing the side effects, they are not as crippling. However, I am worried there is something more sinister going on.

I am very worried about the amount of hair I am losing but putting this down to stress and have always been concerned about my teeth (there is nothing wrong with them). I constantly check myself but can honestly say I hate looking at myself in the mirror - I hate what I see and others don't see what I see. I panic and hate every blemish and worry that tiny bruises are a result or something bad.

I was diagnosed with health anxiety and mild OCD, but really worried there is something deeper going on - I really do no see anything in me that I like.

Lee2475
23-09-15, 09:34
Hi
Im like that abit too, i looked in my mouth and can see a spot on my inner lip thats been there ages, now booked in dentist.

Im on the sertraline as well i would say week 7 ish, and am better now still iffy in the mornings, and still get tired in the afternoon, If i'm quiet in work ill stop and have a nap in the van
you will feel odd and your anxiety levels get worse before they get better.

Torimori
23-09-15, 10:26
I know, it's totally irrational but I really do hate looking at myself but the. I have to, if you know what I mean.

I am so tired at the moment and used to doing everything at 100mph usually so I think that's driving me mad. Hopefully back to work next week.

Lee2475
23-09-15, 13:21
I'm like that still tired even after 6 weeks don't worry to much it will settle. First month for me was hell but you may be OK. But I am coming out the other end now so stick in there

Torimori
23-09-15, 16:06
That's what I'm trying to look towards. Time to start looking after myself and really believe I will come out of this at the other end!

Lee2475
23-09-15, 23:02
You will, takes time, I think I'm on about 6 weeks and still have my off days, side effects can go on for a while. I too am like you and have thought I have everything, I've said to the doctor it's goto be something I have a pain or a lump, and he just says it's anxiety causing it.ive had tests for everything. Very wearing, panic attacks often, the tremors awful. I have settled abit now I must admit on these pills. I do feel a slight improvement now although I still have the off day but it's getting better.
You will be fine stick in there :winks:

Torimori
23-09-15, 23:58
I'm having a really bad night tonight, just can't get to sleep but I am so tired. Hubbys first night back at work which is rubbish too.

I am supposed to be upping my dose this week but just don't know how I'm going to cope with it if side effects are as bad as they were when I first started. I've ended up having to move doctors before this episode because he was visibly fed up of me and last time I went in, he just sat back and said "and what do you want me to do about it?" Made me feel so insignificant and time wasting.

My new doctor is lovely and back to see him again on Monday. I'm going to see if he can refer me to any therapies as I want to try all I can to knock this on the head once and for all!