PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get new and changing symptoms with IBS/Stomach issues please?

CeeCeeCee
22-09-15, 19:33
Ongoing stomach issues of the last several weeks have had me worried on and off. Different ones occurring and changing at times. Is this the norm when I've had a bad tummy for years and known about my IBS for a few years now? Low tummy pain and aches, cramping around middle of stomach, women type low abdomen pain, pressure in bottom, frequent visits to loo but not quite diarrhoea, just loose. Now I'm finding that after I eat, I am wanting to go within about 15 to 45 minutes. 4 times today. I have been eating a very bland diet for a few days now. Yet still going to the loo after eating. Is this yet another symptom of IBS, or could it be ulcers, or colitis type symptoms. I am still trying to keep myself focussed about it but it's hard. Was meant to be at doctors today but stupidly locked myself in my porch and had to get a locksmith :weep: so had to cancel. Anyone had anything like these changing symptoms and how ill did you feel if you did? I don't feel ill as such and am telling myself that's a good thing, but the pain is worrying me. Advice/info/ideas?

LuSmith
22-09-15, 22:50
Hey there,

Sorry to hear you're struggling with your IBS! I myself suffer with IBS symptoms (though I'm being referred to a gastro soon) and I know very well the symptoms you mention. IBS would definitely cause you to need to go frequently and especially after eating sometimes.. I have been today alone about five times frustratingly haha.

If it were indeed colitis or ulcers or crohns or anything, there would definitely be blood in the stool. I also have the similar pains, especially all the ones you mention, and my stool is loose but not diarrhoea, so it sounds very likely you have an IBS reoccurrence.

Obviously, when you speak to your doctor it will probably help as they may be able to advise you on diet/medications/pain but in the meantime try not to worry :) hot water bottles are very helpful when you're going through these symptoms, and sometimes sitting in a nice bath and relaxing.

If you find yourself going too many times and they become rather loose, imodium can sometimes help but it's best to check with the doctor before you take anything like that.. it can also cause cramps so it's not good for everyone.

Hope you feel better soon!

CeeCeeCee
22-09-15, 23:11
Thanks LuSmith, you sound like you have the same symptoms. funnlily enough tonight I thought I'd try a hot water bottle on my tum, it did help and relieved it somewhat. Also, after fifth visit to loo took Immodium, that has calmed it now as I had 2 dry crackers and haven't had to rush to loo. It always makes me feel better if someone else has the same symptoms, it means that it can just be something normal and common related to IBS or something similar and not sinister. We sometimes just seek reassurance on here a lot of the time, but I don't think you can underestimate how much it does help us all if someone relates. Thank you, I hope your symptoms are low at the moment :-)