PDA

View Full Version : Horrendous night sweats! Sertraline?

LuSmith
22-09-15, 19:34
Hey there..

I don't know if anyone has had a similar experience but every so often I will get really bad night sweats that leave me waking up soaked in the night or morning. I'm on 150mg Sertraline but I've been taking it for some time now (4 years or so) so I'm not sure whether it would be the medication as normally side effects like that settle down in the first few months. I know I've had night sweats over the last couple years but I don't know whether I can really contribute it to the medication or not.

Does anyone else have this symptom with Sertraline? I'm on other medication but I don't believe it would be a side effect of them. I'm worried in case the night sweats are a symptom of something much worse, but I have had blood test taken recently which came back normal.

Any ideas?

Lifelonganxiety!
22-09-15, 20:30
It's amazing that every day on here I find another person that had another one of my symptoms. I am on Sertraline and go through bouts of night sweats.

Lasted about a week last year, this year they happen on and off.

Setraline can cause it, but could just be too warm in bed. Try sleeping with less covers / clothes. That helped me immensely!

LuSmith
22-09-15, 22:26
Have you been on it quite a while? I just figured it was odd considering the length of time! I would have thought it would settle but maybe it's the downside of being on such a high dosage and SSRIs are prone to it or something :(

Yeah, I figure maybe the heavy duvet covers don't help either. Maybe I'll try wearing something lighter and not covering myself so much.

Lifelonganxiety!
22-09-15, 22:29
I've been on it for... 10 years? I have periods of night sweating but lighter bedding and sleeping half naked help a lot.

LuSmith
22-09-15, 22:45
Ah, thanks! That definitely makes me feel more reassured that it's potentially a mixture of both :) but also is a relief that it's unlikely to be something more serious. I will definitely try this!