PDA

View Full Version : Aching/bruised feeling

Katiej36
22-09-15, 21:30
Can anxiety cause you to feel bruised? My arms and legs are aching, feel bruised and sometimes feel like they are burning.. The more I tune into it the worse it feels.. One arm is worse than the other but I have had a lot of blood tests taken from that arm recently. I have also been really tense from being stressed, and now I've been started to feel less tense the bruising/aching feeling is kicking in? Anyone else have this? :shrug:

onceagain
22-09-15, 21:59
your symptoms sound like a very difficult time for you and I can imagine your concern at the physical symptoms you are experiencing.

Anxiety you are right does have a lot of physical symptoms but the only real advice any of us can offer is to speak to your doctor. stress can cause heavy feeling and pins and needles but you shouldn't ignore these by self diagnosing or for any one else to offer unqualified diagnosis.

Take care and please let us know how you are :blush:

BiG_Oak
23-09-15, 09:00
Yes it can definitely cause the bruised/aching feeling, also the burning, I've had all of these before, sometimes get the burning feeling in my chest or back as well as arms.

If you are tense and stressed even just sat down it's like your muscles are being worked out so they will feel achey and bruised when you finally manage to relax, the same as after a workout at the gym or physical exercise, any time you're really stressed and tense they are probably working a lot harder than they should be.

Also you have to remember (easier said than done, I often forget this too), the skin is an organ and reacts to everything, if you are tensed and stressed it will be tighter, that in itself can give burning, aching and all sorts of different feelings

Katiej36
26-09-15, 22:04
Thank you onceagain and big oak for your replies, the aching subsides with a hot bath and I'm guessing it is just tension, but if it does get worse I will be paying my gp yet another visit!:( fingers crossed it goes and is just another my symptoms due to stress and anxiety x