PDA

View Full Version : check in thread for september 23rd

emily67
23-09-15, 09:37
morning all- how's it going?

well, watched dave gorman last night... really not funny at all. as i keep saying, he's going down in my estimations- he talked about naming of companies and brands, stuff like that.. and he played a game of catchphrase with the audience... what's going on their?

i really think i should go back to the first episode to check if it's the same dave gorman. lol... seriously. i'm actually going to do that, redownload the first episode and watch it.

after dave gorman finished (at 11), got rid of some more box sets- NCIS, 24, the supranoes and sherlock. (if you've not figured it out by now, i'm deffenetly a night owl and have more energy at night)

no sleep again (though that goes without saying)

spent the night (or some of it anyway) looking up new box sets to buy- to replace the ones i got rid of

thinking of getting law and order and CSI to name just 2 (i love the law and orders. especially special victims unit). and the rest of the night watched the notebook (if you've not seen the notebook, it's a lovely romantic movie)

actually i read the book as well. but not as good as the movie. but i usually find that

well this morning i found myself singing santo domingo (song i like from a dutch group BZN). and what do you do when you have a song stuck in your head?. well if you're me, blur it out nice and loud. so their's me at 4 in the morning.. blurring out santo domingo (and if you've not heard it, it's really really catchy) and not the type of song you'd expect to listen too so early in the morning

skipped breakfast (well sort of, had an apple juice). but nothing to eat.

emmerdale's on later (which naturally i'll be watching), i also found out how i can get AMC (the new channel from BT). i'm going to email them about it later and hope they can add it to my sky acount (it seems to have some good movies on it too)

it's also online grocery day, so will order all that stuff

for dinner it's american style ribbs, with american fries

have a good day all

x

Torimori
23-09-15, 10:33
Aargh struggling to get out of bed again - I am soooo tired.

Just watched s film in bed and time to get up soon. Off for a chat with my manager at work this pm to talk about a return to work on Monday, although likely to be a phased return so half days for first week.

I am worried about the effect my "meltdown" may have had in my career prospects but I am starting to realise my health is more important. However, I've already had a week off and it's driving me mad. I need to do something to keep busy.

Hubby is back at work tonight after a couple of weeks off so lots of snuggles with my little boy x

swgrl09
23-09-15, 12:11
Tori, I am with you with struggling to get out of bed. I am having a tough week too. Almost called out of work, but forced myself up. Gotta save my sick time for winter.

Good luck talking to your manager. It's nice that you can do a phased return to work. Take it easy and don't push too hard. You are right that your health is more important.

I am trying to remind myself I will feel better when this week is over. I always feel more depressed during this time of the month. I just gotta fight through it. Got a splitting headache last night and this morning. Also feel so sluggish.

I have a busy day at work today. Hopefully will help it go by fast, but not be too overwhelming because I am feeling so blah. At least I can sleep in a bit tomorrow as I am working 12-9 PM tomorrow instead.

Torimori
23-09-15, 16:14
Tori, I am with you with struggling to get out of bed. I am having a tough week too. Almost called out of work, but forced myself up. Gotta save my sick time for winter.

Good luck talking to your manager. It's nice that you can do a phased return to work. Take it easy and don't push too hard. You are right that your health is more important.

I am trying to remind myself I will feel better when this week is over. I always feel more depressed during this time of the month. I just gotta fight through it. Got a splitting headache last night and this morning. Also feel so sluggish.

I have a busy day at work today. Hopefully will help it go by fast, but not be too overwhelming because I am feeling so blah. At least I can sleep in a bit tomorrow as I am working 12-9 PM tomorrow instead.

It's so frustrating isn't it - I'm so used to being so active that it's even worse.

Good on you for pushing through this morning and like you say, at least you can have a good lie in tomorrow so there is that to look forward to.

Work is so supportive and are aware of my issues and often my OCD is amusing (which I really do not mind) to colleagues as I am so fricking organised and everyone knows that I'm the person to come to with a problem!
Hope work goes ok for you and roll on home time so you can relax x

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Well I am in a right state this afternoon now, meeting at work didn't go as planned. My plan was to do some emails from home tomorrow and Friday and then return part time next week.

After a chat with my line manager she doesn't feel i am well enough to do that yet and that it will set me back. She had suggested another chat on Monday and then maybe a couple of hours enact day next week. However, if she doesn't feel i am ok on Monday she would like to defer me starting back.

I'm really disappointed as I had my heart set on getting some normality back but on the other hand I know I need to be well enough to handle the stress of my job too. I often use work as a distraction (I love my job) and it's difficult for me to accep I am not well enough. Although I suppose I may not be the best judge of what is right for me just now. Back to Netflix and solitaire for a few days then......

swgrl09
23-09-15, 17:24
That does sound frustrating, as you sound like you feel ready to do some work from home and slowly get back into the swing of things. I guess taking it slowly is better than too quickly right? Just a few more days and you'll be back at it again.

I'm halfway through my day, not going too badly now that I'm here. Those morning hours are so tough though. I don't know how to make them easier besides just pushing through. I used to try taking my med in the morning but then I ended up not sleeping well at night. Currently I take them before bed. Who knows?

I'm a little anxious bc I work for a hospital and our state just announced cutting 4 million dollars to our hospital this year. My husbands company also announced 300 layoffs may be coming. He isn't worried, said he doesn't make enough to get let go, but I am. Sigh

Rennie1989
23-09-15, 17:49
My hospital is in a financial crisis too, and I too get niggles regarding my job security (but when I heard my boss denying staff to reduce their hours that kind of reassures me, a bit). Then again, I do work for the NHS and it's no surprise that we're in debt, we'll get through it like we have before.

I watched Law and Order UK for a bit of research regarding the court system and the barristers, but the series I watched was a bit of a flop, because they cranked up a storyline for it to not be revisited in the next series. I like the concept but I wish it was written by the BBC rather than ITV.

It's the evening now and I've wasted my day off to a yucky cold.

emily67
23-09-15, 17:54
Rennie1989

law and order UK is awsome.

it's hard to believe that bradley walsh can be in that, and then also host the chase.

tallented guy, in my opinion

Torimori
23-09-15, 18:32
That does sound frustrating, as you sound like you feel ready to do some work from home and slowly get back into the swing of things. I guess taking it slowly is better than too quickly right? Just a few more days and you'll be back at it again.

I'm halfway through my day, not going too badly now that I'm here. Those morning hours are so tough though. I don't know how to make them easier besides just pushing through. I used to try taking my med in the morning but then I ended up not sleeping well at night. Currently I take them before bed. Who knows?

I'm a little anxious bc I work for a hospital and our state just announced cutting 4 million dollars to our hospital this year. My husbands company also announced 300 layoffs may be coming. He isn't worried, said he doesn't make enough to get let go, but I am. Sigh

It is really disappointing - it was part of the road to recovery (in some small sense) in my eyes, and it feels like a setback.

Oh no, I can totally understand your worries with yours and your husbands jobs. I remember when my husband was laid off - it was such a worrying time but we go through it. My little one was only 7 weeks at the time too. I hope that things work out for you - fingers crossed!