PDA

View Full Version : Help me

MidnightCalm
23-09-15, 11:13
I'm extremely agripphobic and I can't speak to people and my landlord seems to allow ppl access to property without me knowing like gas check and stuff and I keep the chain on and ignore them scared. I can't be woken up by people just walking in its unfair and he just knocked n I didn't know who he was and I heard him out of the window saying he had no answer at my flat and 2 others n can he just enter and I'm petrified of seeing people right now

MyNameIsTerry
23-09-15, 11:57
There are provisions in the elec & gas sector for vulnerable people. I suggest you contact your supplier for advice. Honestly, other than the mandatory safety checks, they don't need access to take the readings and they will happily accept Customer Own Readings (COR) that you give to them. There are limits to this where they need to access a reading to check they are correct but this isn't that often. Besides, if they aren't getting in now, they will be creating estimates in place of readings they can retrieve. Another alternative could be smart metering as readings can be retrieved remotely but I'm not up to speed on these so can't guarantee all the technology is available at this point.

Your supplier also needs readings at set points in the year. Whilst they want these readers to get in (paid for in bulk as a contract), you coud give them COR's instead (over the phone or online) to get around this other than the safety checks. When they need to get in to do a safety check, they may end up contacting you if they can't get in but it could be a letter. This may then allow you to arrange a date when you have someone with you.

If you can't get anywhere, contact the CAB. They will help you as a vulnerable person in what you can arrange with energy suppliers.