PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed with lymph nodes, driving self crazy.

helenhoo
23-09-15, 15:08
So I have a swollen node on my neck, 1.5cm, softish and moves. Been aboutt 5 weeks now with no growth. Saw a doctor and he said I have nothing to worry about. I hadn't been, I acknowledged it was there and it'd go down but I've let myself Google and become obssesed with the worst of diseases. So much so I'm feeling my body constantly for swollen nodes. I'm slim so chances are I can feel some small ones but it's taking over and I'm stressing self out. I see other people have similar issues so just need support.

BiG_Oak
23-09-15, 15:39
Hi Reb,

The main thing here is that you've seen a doctor and he said it's nothing to worry about at all, do not google search anything! (definitely easier said than done) I've stopped myself from doing that for a while now because it never ever helps, you begin on there in a positive way and look for reassurance but subconsciously we always know we will find something bad because there are always stories or examples and pretty much anything you ever read on there will be a bad story of a catastrophic outcome because it get's people clicking on it, whens the last time you read a story or example on google... Person gets swollen lymph node, it went down, was nothing to worry about...

If you are checking and looking for lumps/swollen nodes etc you will find lumps because you're looking for it, main thing to remember is doctor said you were fine, it hasn't changed, you aren't getting any major symptoms or things wrong, so stop searching for them. :)

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

Also one thing I think to try and make myself feel better is that if there is something serious or majorly wrong you will not have to search for it or check yourself to find it, you'll know