PDA

View Full Version : NO Symptons yet HIGH GRADE Dsykariosis- Now referred for emergency colposcopy

lottie59
24-09-15, 09:50
Hi can anyone tell me if they have had this before and what your experience was like?

I received my smear results yesterday- the Doctor rang and told me I have High Grade dyskariosis and that I need to go to hospital for a colposcopy.

I suffer with HA and obviously I have my self dead and buried within a week.

I am so scared that they will find cancer. I am upset as I have not had any obvious symptoms however I do suffer with lower back pain and just assumed that it was normal after having a baby (who is now nearly 3)

I am so worried. my son is to young not to have a mummy.. please get back to me

Haylee.a
08-01-16, 18:37
Hi hunt I went through this back in October!!! My smear came back as severe dyskariosis!!!- and I convinced myself I was dying of every cancer possible!!! Awful position to be in!!! I went for colposcopy and lazor treatment and loop biopsy I think!!! That was in November and I've still not had any results in writing! So annoying!! Hope yours were good? X

Blonde123
08-01-16, 18:42
Hi, don't panic. I'm a practice nurse and take smears. A lot of girls come back with this. It means you have pre cancerous cells which if left untreated could turn nasty. The fact your going for colposcopy which is where they laser the cells off (uncomfortable but not painful) means you will get rid of the cells and prevent cancer. Hope this puts you at ease X
Hayley your go will have your results but you don't get an all clear as such you get out on yearly smears for the next 10 years. If they're all clear you go back to 3 yearly as per the national recall programme x

Haylee.a
08-01-16, 19:03
Well that's the thing I called them about 5 weeks later and the nurse said that they've gone but there's still some there and it won't get left they've got to wait to see what the consultant wants to do? I was like what the hell in still quite confused to be honest x

Blonde123
09-01-16, 14:44
Might be worth chasing it up again Haylee x