PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay for moles to be a bit pink/red?

imfineokay
24-09-15, 13:51
I've posted about this before but I'm worrying again. I have two of these flat red/pink moles on my back and I've noticed them since the start of this year. I went to my doctor ages ago and was told its benign but I dunno how good docs are at seeing skin ca.

imfineokay
25-09-15, 11:35
Seriously tho is it?

Lifelonganxiety!
25-09-15, 18:01
Doctors are extremely well trained in spotting this and if they said it's fine then I would trust them.

Is it possible you've been touching the moles a lot, causing some inflammation around them? That could be the redness you see.

There are some very clearly defined tests for moles to tell if they are potentially harmful or not, size, asymmetry, color etc... if they don't meet the criteria and your doctor said they are OK then I'm sure you're fine.

ricardo
25-09-15, 19:04
Doctors are extremely well trained in spotting this and if they said it's fine then I would trust them.

Is it possible you've been touching the moles a lot, causing some inflammation around them? That could be the redness you see.

There are some very clearly defined tests for moles to tell if they are potentially harmful or not, size, asymmetry, color etc... if they don't meet the criteria and your doctor said they are OK then I'm sure you're fine.

Exactly.

imfineokay
25-09-15, 22:52
Well okay then. I dunno if I have been touching it though. One of them has like a dark red bit in the middle while the rest is pink all around. All of my moles on my upper back are a bit red and they are spread apart. So pink red moles are okay?

imfineokay
29-09-15, 19:51
I thought moles should only be brown! :(

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

IT isn't symmetrical either... I looked at the abcd test and I got a panic attack on the first one...