PDA

View Full Version : Need help my health anxiety level is up

Merle
24-09-15, 14:30
Im worried about my health. I am so sick and tired everyday brings something new and something to trigger my anxiety. At the moment i am sitting upright in my chair, I have had a sense of dizziness but no spinning. I have a hissing sound in my right ear these past few days, thought it would go. Sunday last I woke up to a sore neck and shoulder on my left side this has sort of gone but feel when i look down i get a strange feeling at the base of my skull down my neck a little,which affects my eyes a little.

I do suffer from vertigo, anemia, and migraines. I am very troubled that something is seriously wrong with me and although i am trying to keep busy i cant seem to concentrate my mind away from it. I have not been sleeping well and this morning woke up to a numb feeling in my right hand, but it was I know from the way I was sleeping.

Please can you help me? I am truly worried something major is wrong with me.

white1989
24-09-15, 15:19
Have you ever had any sort of health checks at all for these things that are worrying you? Are there any particular conditions that you're concerned about that you feel these symptoms might be a result of? I suffer with chronic health anxiety so really sympathise with you, normally for me when I get a new symptom (e.g. a lump in my neck) I start panicking about a particular condition (e.g. throat cancer), then i usually look for reassurance from friends and family who usually proceed to tell me I'm being ridiculous, then a few days later I'm on to finding a new symptom which starts taking my attention and starts a fresh cycle of worry (in turn forgetting about the neck lump) - it's a never ending cycle for us heath-anxious!

Although i struggle to offer advice as I too worrying heavily about my health, i would say that i normally just try and be really rational, by instead of focusing on the worst possible illness that could be causing the symptoms, i try and write down a list of non-serious things that could be causing it, and its usually a much bigger list than the serious things. That sometimes helps to calm me down!

Hope you start to feel better, and try and stay positive!

Merle
25-09-15, 11:16
Thank you for your reply. Went to a doctor yesterday not my own as his clinic wasnt open yesterday. I have an inflamed/sore trapizious muscle running from the back of my head through to my shoulders and back and its making me dizzy and the back of my neck feels the worst.
Was prescribed maximum strength Ibuprofen but realised when I got home that I can't take it as I have suffered from just above normal blood pressure. Wasn't very high but enough to call it high blood pressure, So have to look for alternatives to ibuprofen. I don't want to risk taking it.
Felt off waking this morning and have fairly stiff sore neck which is affecting my head.
I just want to feel well,