PDA

View Full Version : 2cm submandibular lump - lipoma or lymphoma??

GlazedOwl
24-09-15, 17:17
Feels like I've posted a million threads due to anxiety by now. I have a follow up doctor's appointment next week but anxiety kicked in again, even though I'm on anti depressants to control my stress :sad:

I have a lump under my jaw, just where I believe the lymph nodes are as well. I THINK it's around 2cm. It feels pretty much the same like the ultrascanned lipoma I have on my back. This lump isn't visible, it pretty much moves freely and is palpable. I don't have any infection symptoms apart from a constantly phlegmy throat, which I think has stayed with me since last winter's flu season.

For most of the time I reassure myself that it's probably a lipoma cause it feels the same, but because it is in the place where the lymph nodes are and it's not painful, I am now convinced it's some sort of lymphoma :( Especially after reading survivor's notes on how their lumps felt and all of them are different, one even describing as having a palpable massy area, which is how the area around my back lipoma feels like!!

I should've honestly mentioned the lump to my doctor last month, but something in my head stopped me and I didn't, now I'm worried it might be too late :unsure: Scared because apparently lipomas aren't that common under the jaw line, and if this were an infection the lump would've went away in a month or two :sad: As I'm back to pretty high stress levels because I'm thinking this is either lymph or salivary gland cancer, anyone have any words of reassurance or just info in general??

GlazedOwl
26-09-15, 12:24
I also just noticed that my tonsils *I think* aren't swollen, but the right hand side of them have white patches. Is that possibly from an infection or something?

JaeBee
27-09-15, 09:03
Could be an infection yes or tonsil stones?

GlazedOwl
27-09-15, 19:49
Good lord I hope it's only an infection cause I wouldn't want my tonsils removed - way too scared to go under anesthesia :ohmy: