PDA

View Full Version : I get symptoms but I get none of the anxiety symptoms

damianjmcgrath
24-09-15, 17:51
Apologies in advance for this. I asked a pretty similar question in an earlier post but I can't actually find it now and I don't think I articulated myself very well. I'd really love some people's thoughts on this though.

I have a habit of rambling so I'll keep this short.

I get a number of symptoms such as chest pains of various types and dizziness, but I hardly ever get any of them "typical" anxiety symptoms such as hyperventilating, or high blood pressure.

My blood pressure always stays normal. My pulse stays normal too most of the time. My breathing stays normal. I don't seem to exhibit an anxiety attack state at all. I don't ever really feel panic or anxiety much at all.

What happens is I get symptoms that concern me, they last for a while then disappear. As soon as they disappear, I feel a lot better. While I have symptoms, I feel pain or discomfort but not anxiety. When the symptoms go, there's no lingering discomfort.

Why isn't my blood pressure raised? Why aren't my pupils dilated? Why aren't I sweating? Why don't I feel anxiety or panic? Why isn't my breathing affected?

Obviously I don't want any of that but it makes me feel like maybe it's not anxiety. I've never seen this described in anxiety books or even on here. Almost everyone else experiences some obvious anxiety signs.

I don't have any conscious negative thoughts, I don't dwell on things, I don't think the worst. I just think that chest pain and dizziness might be heart related, because it might.

Does anyone else get pains without any obvious anxiety signs? How do you convince yourself it's anxiety without obvious evidence?

Thanks - I hope I made sense!

pepperutchie
24-09-15, 18:04
Hi i can relate to this,i am also having symptoms but not the typical anxiety symptoms and panic attacks.im having chest pain and discomfort and stomach issues and add to that painful areas in the body..if chest pain hits me it really stayed for long together with the thoughts.

Fishmanpa
24-09-15, 18:16
Frankly, based on your post history, it's every bit anxiety related. Chest pains and dizziness are classic anxiety related symptoms. There's a Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms) list here and both the symptoms you mention are on that list. Anxiety manifests itself differently in every person that suffers from it. Some have chest pains, some have stomach problems, some depersonalization or combinations of different symptoms.

Then there's the fact you're posting about this on an anxiety forum. If that's not evidence, I don't know what is.

Positive thoughts

damianjmcgrath
24-09-15, 18:30
How do you know and convince yourself it's anxiety? If I had high blood pressure and sweats, I'd be able to convince myself but I don't. Those would be the symptoms I'd normally associate with feeling anxious.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

I post here because the doctor said I have anxiety. I'm just saying I need to convince myself and I'd find it easier if I actually felt anxious!

Fishmanpa
24-09-15, 18:59
If I had high blood pressure...

From your fist post here: I suddenly got very light headed and my heart was beating fast and my blood pressure was up to around 145/100, and my pulse was at 110.

Classic panic attack reaction IMO. 145/100 is high.

Just sayin'

Positive thoughts

Lifelonganxiety!
24-09-15, 19:37
My blood pressure is great and I rarely sweat, but I definitely suffer from anxiety.

There's nothing to say that if you suffer from anxiety it will look exactly like something and everyone's the same. The reality is, it manifests in so many different ways for everyone. You do have some classic anxiety symptoms though.