PDA

View Full Version : Panic everyday..meds don't work.

Meow
26-09-15, 03:47
Hi, I am new to this site but I really need help. I'm 21 and have been dealing with horrible panic attacks every second for the past week. Before I would get them every other day or I was able to suppress them. But now I'm feeling panicked when I wake up to when I go to bed. I am on 40mg of celexa, and have been since 15. I was Givin ativan which seemed to help a bit, but i would get a horrible attack after taking it and then a bit later i seemed to feel better. Yesterday I was prescribed clonidine for my anxiety. .o1 mg. I took half a pill and felt horrible. It's like every drug I take gives me a panic attack. I'm so done feeling like this. I'm scared..

sial72
26-09-15, 07:55
Sometimes it can be the meds or sometimes it can be that if you are apprehensive about taking them this might automatically make you anxious xx

ana
26-09-15, 17:40
Please, try not to worry too much about it as difficult as this may sound. I can tell you that back when I was still in school, my days would seem like one big panic attack, from dusk till dawn. It was truly awful, and meds weren't helping me either. Why was this so? No idea.
All I know is that, as time went on, and as I learnt how to cope with the panic and understand it better, I started feeling less anxious. I took steps to ensure that everything was alright with me physically so I underwent a brain scan and I also started seeing a therapist. Taking steps to get out of the extreme panic mode is the first step so I'd encourage you to do whatever you feel like is the most appropriate thing to do to make things easier for you.

I hope you feel better soon! This will pass, trust me. :)