PDA

View Full Version : I'm new,scared and in need of genuine support

Coldplayfan01
26-09-15, 08:36
Hello everyone. For as long as I can remember I have lived with anxiety and a constant feeling of dread/impending doom and an overwhelming feeling to please. As a child I was always 'lost and a bit of a daydreamer' compared to my academic brother and sister I scraped through school and just managed to pass enough GCSE's. Fast forward 20 odd years I'm married with 3 children and run my own small business but inside I still feel dread and constant worry. I have been on Citalapram for a good few years and since March I have been seeing a psycologist once a week. At times small incidents happen which kick me in the stomach so hard I walk away and cry-just like a child really. I do have a great support network in family and 2 good friends who regularly remind me how 'stong I'am' yet inside I'm the complete opposite.
I've turned to this site in a hope to meet other people in the same position who can share their stories and help me to make sense of the crazy world I live in. Thankyou everyone,have a good day,Zoe x

venusbluejeans
26-09-15, 08:45
Hiya Coldplayfan01 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

ricardo
26-09-15, 09:20
Hi Coldplay.

A few things stand out to me in your post. Being a working mother with your own business is no mean achievement and you should be proud of that fact.

I am only guessing but is it possible that the Citalapram, which you say you have been on for a good few years, isn't really working and that possibly you are an anxious person by nature but it is heightened not constantly but blips that occur on a day to day basis or even week to week.

You have support around you which is so vital and I believe talking therapy can be extremely beneficial but it's better to do that with another fellow sufferer as opposed to friends.
I would at least discuss your medication with your doctor.

sial72
26-09-15, 10:45
Hi Zoe
I agree with Ricardo about looking into your medication. I also believe exercise is great for anxiety. I would also recommend reading Claire Weekes, if you haven't already. If you have a good therapist that will be very helpul xxx

Coldplayfan01
26-09-15, 11:54
Wow! I didn't expect any replies so quickly so thankyou all. I hadn't thought that my medication may not beworking properly. I guess I'm so used to taking it,it's probably taking the edge off things. You're right though,a chat with my GP maybe the first step in many. With regard to exercise,I do a lot! I run a dog boarding business so walk for a good few miles daily plus I do pilates once a week. That time is precious as it enables me to focus on me whilst doing some physical goodness,I hope ;)
I'm sure like many anxious sufferers you analyse everything you do wondering if it's going to upset/annoy make people feel angry without giving yourself a break. I literally think something over for a good 5-10 minutes everytime before I make a decision. Times that by nearly every thought in a day,that's exhausting! I hope I'm making sense. Thankyou again for all your kind words,Zoe x

ricardo
26-09-15, 12:07
Coldplayfan

I had to tell you that I live in a part of outer London which is very countrified and there are more dogs than people here as we have The Wombles Common literally yards away.Labradors rule here but the main point which I wanted to tell you was that a lady down the road to us has 14 dogs a day from 8.a.m. to 5p.m. and charges £30.00 a day.Her daughter helps her, yet the dogs are not walked but just play in the garden, and she has a waiting list of over a dozen dogs.

Nice business if you can get it:)

When we lived in Spain we owned 7 rescue dogs and for most dogs as you know exercise is vital, and for anxiety sufferers it is also very important where possible.

Coldplayfan01
26-09-15, 12:47
14 dogs a day at £30 I'm also missing a trick! I couldn't have that number as my licence wouldn't allow it plus that's way too many for one person. I prefer a number I can actually go out and about with,generally 5 or 6. On a serious note though,walking does help briefly but if it was a quick fix,we'd all be doing it ;)

ricardo
26-09-15, 12:52
Of course it's run as a business and is really good money but there are many high earners who need that facility.We really are generally a nation of dog lovers and although there are always exceptions, I find certain breeds of dogs are very therapautic and when I spend a lot of time on my own, our dogs are great company (and can't answer back:winks: )