PDA

View Full Version : check in thread for saturday september 26th

emily67
26-09-15, 09:54
morning all... how's everyone?

yesterday after another dismal episode of southpark (yes, the new series so far is a real letdown), i started my new book.. the new rector by rebecca shaw. don't ask me why i always choose to read the books with the most boring titles (i guess because it's a distraction from everything else) i don't read it for the story, i read it for the distraction

though actualy i say the title's boring.. but the story's not so bad. well put it this way, i've read a lot worse (a lot worse). but i've read a lot better too.

it's raining today. (hurrah!). i seriously wish it would rain everyday, it sounds relaxing, it makes the air really cool, and it's good for flowers and things. i'm a real supporter of the rain... lol.

well despite it being the weekend, it's just another day here- the movie i've chosen for today is flirting with disaster. it was on AMC a few nights ago, and i recorded it from their.. meant to be a commedy film. so we'll see- perhaps if it's as funny as they say it will make for a great couple of hours

skippeds breakfast agaibn, though for dinner tonight i'm having steak pie which is.. well, diffrent, i guess. i don't eat pie too often- and when i do it's chicken pie. so trying something diffrent.. which i hope tastes nice

have a good day all

x

swgrl09
26-09-15, 13:25
Hey Emily, I'm on the fence about the new season. It seems to resonate more with what's going on over here in the USA though.

I haven't seen that movie, let us know how it is!

I'm off to the football game bright and early ... Hope it's fun, then babysitting after for my nephews.

emily67
26-09-15, 17:19
Hey Emily, I'm on the fence about the new season. It seems to resonate more with what's going on over here in the USA though.

I haven't seen that movie, let us know how it is!

I'm off to the football game bright and early ... Hope it's fun, then babysitting after for my nephews.

very cool... who's playing?

as for the movie, i think it was exagerated a little.

regarding the story, it was good.

but to call it a "hilarious road trip across california", i disagree... nothing really funny about it- and california only really featured at the start of the movie

x

swgrl09
27-09-15, 01:56
So sounds like it was good but nothing special? Not what it was advertised to be at least?

We saw our old college team play against Navy's team. We lost (boo!) but it was still fun, great weather, and good to be out. Now we have just gotten our nephews to bed. They were really well behaved, so that was good. A busy day for sure though.