PDA

View Full Version : Perimenopause, pelvic cramping and white dischage

rainbow
26-09-15, 14:21
Hi, I'm 49 and think I must be premenopausal. Over the last 2 years I've only had about 4 proper periods. At other times I've had like the start of a period with a little brown blood for a couple of days which does'nt come to anything.

My last proper period was around April. Over the last few days I've had period cramping, irritability and an increase in discharge. I also seem to break out in spots on my neck and face. I feel like my body is trying to have a period but it can't iyswim. I'm also starting to get small black hairs sprouting on my chin.:blush:

Does anyone else have these symptoms? My anxiety is increasing daily.

rainbow
27-09-15, 11:57
Can no-one relate to this?

Annie0904
27-09-15, 13:17
Hi Rainbow yes it does sound very much like peri menopause. I am post menopause now but still get more irritable one week in the month :) I would speak to your GP who will be able to check your hormone levels.

sial72
27-09-15, 15:00
It does sound like peri, oh the joys!! Lol

rainbow
27-09-15, 16:25
Hi thanks for your replies, I thought I must be the only one! I've not been to my gp as I don't know what they can do. I have a phobia of medical testing so really worried about needing to have any tests done.

Annie0904
27-09-15, 18:41
It would only be a blood test to check hormone levels but it is not always reliable as hormones change anyway. You could try taking something like menopace as a vitamin supplement.